Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 stock eddie bauer, no mods. headlites just quit out of the blue. parkers, brights and bright switch are fine. fuses ok on block and dash, bullbs good, installed new headlight switch. mf'ers just wont go on. no prior failure hints either, no dimming, flickering or anything, just died. any clues?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dude, I had this exact thing happen to me.... And this is gonna souns super ghetto, but I hard wired the light to my ignition and made them daytime runners. I coiuld not, for the life of me, figure out where the problem is so I figured "Why not just hard wire them to the ignition so that they come on automatically when I start the truck?". Problem solved. I've been meaning to do a writup on it, but what can I say, I'm a lazy SOB, and I'd rather fish than sit at the computer typing....

·
Registered
77 Posts
check for 12v at the headlight on the red-black wire (with the headlights in the lo position). if no volts, then check for power at the high beam select switch for 12v on the red-black wire. if no power at the headlight, but you have power at the beam select switch, the wiring went open somewhere in between. If no power at the beam select switch (red-black, headlights in lo), but your brites work, the beam select switch went bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts