Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Bronco XLT 4spd with OD 5.8L 351 4x4. Stock
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of y’all running DRL LED after market headlights on your bronco?
Just wanting to see what they look like on the truck.

·
Registered
790 Posts
UUUFFFF i wana see how these look on a bronco, they look pretty sweet

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UUUFFFF i wana see how these look on a bronco, they look pretty sweet
i just bought a set so i will post pics to the thread when I get them on. Super stoked about it! Still need to find some tail lights.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn! They make some cool ones

Outlawleds on Instagram makes some too. Pricey though

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright y’all! Got my headlights on! But I need your help. I have no idea how to wire the DRL (day running light) portion. Each assembly has 2 negative and 2 positive wires. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep but I have to wire them up to know what the look like on

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
922 Posts
Ordered custom heads and tails from outlaw led. Supposed to have them before Christmas. I really hope so but they looked amazing!!! Can’t wait. Big benefit is plug and play 100% but very pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
922 Posts
Will do. His stuff looks incredible and I went all out with the build so it should be cool!

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,013 Posts
Yep but I have to wire them up to know what the look like on
Those look better on the truck than i thought they would (y)

If you want them to be a true DRL, then youll have to supply them with power when you turn the key on. Pick something thats hot when the key is in the run position, and use it to trigger a new relay to turn the lights on. Examples would be the ABS circuit, or the EEC relay.

Looking at outlawleds.com, it looks like theyre just a reseller. Their stuff is marked up pretty high actually, most of it is a lot cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
922 Posts

If you want them to be a true DRL, then youll have to supply them with power when you turn the key on. Pick something thats hot when the key is in the run position, and use it to trigger a new relay to turn the lights on. Examples would be the ABS circuit, or the EEC relay.

Looking at outlawleds.com, it looks like theyre just a reseller. Their stuff is marked up pretty high actually, most of it is a lot cheaper elsewhere.
He’s definitely far from just a reseller. He takes lights, breaks them down, adds rgb lights, paints, adds projectors, etches the glass on the lenses, etc. full custom jobs and he seems to be really good at it.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,013 Posts
Maybe he makes some of them, (the 87-91 projectors for instance) but hes definitely reselling the DNA Motoring headlight housings, and the CA Autoparts taillights, both for ~$100 more than others.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I found a relay specifically made for DRLs... I want them to run all the time. So the relay has a positive and negative wire and a fuse. Then, the other side connects directly to the battery. I’m gonna try it. They were only $14 each.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts