Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I know- lots of headliner topics previously posted, I did read through them. I pulled my old one off, and let's just say it was brittle as fk and broke instantly in like 4 different places and the corners while trying to peel off the old fabric. Not really interested in trying to rebuild it and hope that the cloth doesnt show the cracks etc.

Anyone have any luck with this company? Although a bit pricey, it looks like it may be pretty close to original design/fit. I can always add the fabric myself.

Also, the plastic on the DOME light broke taking that off.. man.. poor truck is falling apart everywhere.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Txyaloo- I do not see anywhere if it says it comes with the curves that the original one has, or if this is just a plain flat piece of ABS plastic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
87XLT 5.0 C6
181 Posts
Ordered it - thanks Tx. Hopefully "Opel" is gray hahaha
How much was the shipping on that?

I recovered mine a couple years ago, and I can't get the fabric to stick to the board. I've pulled it out twice since to reglue it and I need to do it again. Ready to just replace it.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,591 Posts
How much was the shipping on that?

I recovered mine a couple years ago, and I can't get the fabric to stick to the board. I've pulled it out twice since to reglue it and I need to do it again. Ready to just replace it.
What are you using as adhesive? 3M super 77 or foamfast 74 is what i would use.

·
Registered
87XLT 5.0 C6
181 Posts
What are you using as adhesive? 3M super 77 or foamfast 74 is what i would use.
Originally I used Permatex Heavy Duty Headliner Adhesive. That worked pretty good, until summer hit. I think the next time I used Super77, then 3M Headliner Adhesive 38808.

Not sure what the problem is, I wire brushed all the factory foam off the 'board'. Maybe the fabric? Dunno, it's just some blue cloth my wife bought at Wallyworld. It will stay up for a while if I smooth it back in place on a hot day, but falls again in a day or two.

Frankly I'm at the point where if I can get a new one delivered for $300 and be done with it I'm good with that.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,591 Posts
I used some old 3m foamfast for carpet on some rubber floor mats. It never dried fully but remained gooey and sticky as sheet! Didnt work for my application, but might for a ceiling where there arent feet smushing on it

Im no upholstery guy, we just sell some of the 3m adhesives at work.

·
Registered
87XLT 5.0 C6
181 Posts
I used some old 3m foamfast for carpet on some rubber floor mats. It never dried fully but remained gooey and sticky as sheet! Didnt work for my application, but might for a ceiling where there arent feet smushing on it

Im no upholstery guy, we just sell some of the 3m adhesives at work.
Worth a try I guess, thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,096 Posts
If that is a headliner board it should look good after applying new headliner material. I have mocha and opal gray rolls of material I bought locally that appear to be a perfect 94-96 Opal Gray and 87-96 Mocha tan match. You also have to use 3m high temp headliner adhesive. Do not use 3M Super 77 for headliner adhesive

Swap on a newer better looking dome light. they are direct bolt in and you can run led bulbs. I think I have a few of them. Texas 1987-1994 OEM Ford Direct Bolt In Dome light...

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
100 Posts
Hi All,

I know- lots of headliner topics previously posted, I did read through them. I pulled my old one off, and let's just say it was brittle as fk and broke instantly in like 4 different places and the corners while trying to peel off the old fabric. Not really interested in trying to rebuild it and hope that the cloth doesnt show the cracks etc.

Anyone have any luck with this company? Although a bit pricey, it looks like it may be pretty close to original design/fit. I can always add the fabric myself.

Also, the plastic on the DOME light broke taking that off.. man.. poor truck is falling apart everywhere.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Mike
I used them for full seat upholstery (vinyl) and new floor (vinyl and new jute padding) the products were great quality. The upholstery shop i took the seat stuff too was very impressed with the product and mentioned they order from them on a regular basis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If that is a headliner board it should look good after applying new headliner material. I have mocha and opal gray rolls of material I bought locally that appear to be a perfect 94-96 Opal Gray and 87-96 Mocha tan match. You also have to use 3m high temp headliner adhesive. Do not use 3M Super 77 for headliner adhesive

Swap on a newer better looking dome light. they are direct bolt in and you can run led bulbs. I think I have a few of them. Texas 1987-1994 OEM Ford Direct Bolt In Dome light...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts