Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone my headliner is starting to sag in my 95 bronco. Lmc truck shows headliners for the f-150. My question is are the f150 and the bronco headliners the same?

·
Registered
282 Posts
They are different,just take it to a local upholstery shop and have them recover it for you. The material has a foam backing and its starting to rot letting the cloth start to sag,they will remove the material and clean the board and glue on new material and it will be like new again.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Did hundereds of these when I had the Upholsterty shop. Trick is to remove all the old foam and use a good glue (3M). Easiest to remove the panel from the vehicle and do it on a bench. On the cardboard panels we used a wire wheel on a drill.

·
Registered
9,834 Posts
Did hundereds of these when I had the Upholsterty shop. Trick is to remove all the old foam and use a good glue (3M). Easiest to remove the panel from the vehicle and do it on a bench. On the cardboard panels we used a wire wheel on a drill.
This. The headliner in the 90 sagged when I got it. Bought some headliner material from a fabric place and recovered it myself. Came out nice but make shure you use good adhesive. The first time I did it I used cheap stuff and it fell down after a week. The next time I used headliner adhesive and it stayed up.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moroso ignition coil

Thanks for the info may try it myself
Disreguard the subject tittle on this reply lol typo

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have done in the past using 3m spray adhesive and thin foam padding... remove all old padding from headliner, trim foam pad to shape and spray it with adhesive to stick it to headliner once dry spray foam pad with adhesive and place material on pad and apply from center out.... came out fine but it's only one way of many to do it yourself

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another trick is when your done with the headliner let it sit in the sun for about an hour to let the adhesive stick before you install it back into the truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No need to limit yourself to regular headliner material....I used to have a Jeep Cherokee and when it was time to replace the headliner I bought some urban camo fabric from Wal Mart and glued that fabric to the cardboard. You must use high temp spray adhesive! I had an upholstery shop cover the visors in the same fabric, looked really good and wasn't overly expensive. You could use just about any fabric...

The hardest part is getting the panel out, if you can do that, you can re-cover it yourself. That would also be a good time to repaint some of your interior trim pieces also. I just finished repainting all of my interior plastic with SEM brand paint. Not hard and looks incredible! Takes at least 3 coats to cover the same color and 6 for a color change. I replaced my A pillar covers with JY pieces and you would never know they went from blue to red. The key to a good result is clean really well before you paint.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I replaced mine in my old '83 crown vic.... Just used plain old fabric and 3m spray adhesive. spray both sides and very carefully stick them together starting in the middle. use caution though because once the 2 sides touch they are stuck permanently. Be sure to scrape all of the old foam off first, the adhesive will melt it and make a horrible mess if you don't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
also the lighter your material the better chance of it not sagging in a year

·
Registered
49 Posts
Iv used vinyl and tweed and both make for great adhesion to anything, dont be too crazy with the glue depending on what material you do use it could seep out of the pores and be a itch to get off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd find a local shop to do it for you, shouldn't cost more than $150. I was going to go the route of doing it myself about 2 years ago and by the time I priced out all the materials it was going to cost about the same as taking it to a pro. Also I wouldn't change the material of the fabric, like me you're probably thinking vinyl something more durable, stronger, HEAVY DUTY! but as the shop I brought mine too said "it will just end up sagging in a year or two because of heat, hanging upside down, and being heavy."

·
Registered
83 Posts
They are different,just take it to a local upholstery shop and have them recover it for you. The material has a foam backing and its starting to rot letting the cloth start to sag,they will remove the material and clean the board and glue on new material and it will be like new again.

I 2nd this idea... Plus if you wanted to do anything custom this is the time

·
Registered
28 Posts
Reupholstered mine with mossy oak camo fabric and spray adhesive from michaels craft shop. Spent maybe 40$ and it took about an hour and a half. As previously mentioned, the hardest part is getting the headliner in and out of the truck. Also if you do it yourself mark the holes for the visors!

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,207 Posts
got some camo fabric from wally world a can of the 3m adhesive and went to work..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts