Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did a search on cylinder heads and could not find what I was looking for. I got 351W 4V H.o. I plan on rebuiling the engine in the near future. I'm gonna have it bored .30 over pretty much new everything except crank. The stock heads a good I just want more power. The only thing is i don't know what heads to go with. Also if I have it bored do I need to go with a certain size. I've been thinking about GT-40 heads but don't know. Does anybody have any suggestions on heads or should I just stay with the stock heads. Thanks

img]http://www.superford.org/getfile.php?id=67175&toggle=fullsize&f=engine5.jpg[/img]

B

·
0 Posts
The stock heads are restrictive. I like the GT 40's but I bought Roush heads, about as big as they get. I like em! You will notice an improvement!

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
How much $$$$ you got to spend??? Do you want iron, or aluminum??? Iron would probably be better though... This is a wide open question...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tomh971 said:
How much $$$$ you got to spend??? Do you want iron, or aluminum??? Iron would probably be better though... This is a wide open question...
About $1000. From what I've read Iron would probably be best, but aluminum is lighter. I don't know enough about heads that's why I need help :confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blown said:
The stock heads are restrictive. I like the GT 40's but I bought Roush heads, about as big as they get. I like em! You will notice an improvement!
Is that Roush 200 Heads you got. If so how do you like them? The 3 I'm thinking about are Edelbrock, GT-40 and Roush heads

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I am currently building my 351. I just ordered the Edelbrock Performer heads for it. I can't wait to get the thing together. After a lot of research and help from various people I opted for them over anything else. Reason being that Edelbrock is a very well known and reputible company known for selling quality parts. Also there heads are bolt on and the exhaust manifold holds it's stock form. The GT40 heads require some modifications from what I have read. Also the Gt40P heads are no longer available.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
The standard GT40 heads will direct swap with the E7TE's. The GT-40P's were the ones with the different plug angle requiring a specific header. World Products Roush heads are getting rave reviews everywhere I've seen... for cast iron heads that is.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
IMHO Edel Performers are your best bang for the buck... they'll run you 1200 assembled IIRC.

I got P's and I like them, but the header choice sucks....

·
Registered
506 Posts
what do you guys have against AFRs and TFSs?
:brownbag

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Trust me bro, I have absolutely nothing against AFRs, just they are about 350 over his price range instead of just 200. Edelbrock just redisigned there heads so they are very compareable to TFS... thats why I didnt suggest those.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks you all for your help. Does anybody know how well the edelbrock performer heads work with Hedman elite hedders. That's what I'm currently running.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
To my knowledge, the Edels are machined as direct bolt in replacement for stock heads... and a good header gasket...

B

·
0 Posts
Yes, I have the World Products Roush 200cc intake heads with 2.02 intake valves 1.60 exhaust. These heads are great! They may be more than you need now but also allow for the addition of more power down the road. I bought them for my old 84 bronc w/351W knowing I wanted to put a blower on the motor one day! I rolled/totalled the 84 now there on my 1990 w/302. I bought about 5 years ago and have not compared heads since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts