Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 92 Bronco Custom. I recently have been doing a little work on it and have been taking things apart to see how they work. I took my stereo out and looked at all of the wireing yesterday but had to take out my ac unit to get to it. Well I put the unit back and was pretty sure that nothing was moved or disconnected or anything. I then got up this morning and got in my car to drive to school. It was a little cold this morning so when I saw that the engine temp was just past the left while line, I put it on max a/c, changed it to heat and turned it all the way up. At first cold air came out, like it normally does, but then it never changed to heat. I looked back at the engine temp gauge to see if maybe it wasn't hot enough....and it was almost at the H! :toothless It scared the crap outta me... I immediatly turned the ac off and pulled over. As I sat there the gauge went back down to where it normally should have been. I tried changing the level of air coming out from high to one of the other settings and it did the same thing. Then I changed it to normal a/c and put it on heat and high and it worked! The gauge didn't go up and heat actually came out. Anybody know what I may have done to cause this? It used to be fine...:banghead

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Check your coolant level.....

EDIT: and quit screwing with wires :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
On mine the temperature goes quite high before the thermostat opens. Once it is open it runs at a constant lower (normal) temperature.

As far as the heat goes check for vacuum leaks and the operation of the heat control door.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm not sure how the hot/cold door is operated but some of the heat/air controls are vacuum operated. You could have a cracked or broken vacuum line....yes they are under the dash as well as under the hood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts