Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running for 8 hours at 1500 RPM with an external temperature of 100 degrees my bronco started with problems, impossible to run it. After leaving her for a while she started again and runned for a while. It looks that when running above 1500 RPM everithing was fine, but in case of stopping or reducing speed (first shift)for any reason it was impossible to run her again until she was cold. My guess is fuel pump or coil, any advice?. Regards
Rodolfo

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
did you check for codes?
I wonder if maybe you are getting a vapour lock in your fuel line.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled KOEO codes and nothing (code 11) and in continuous memory it gave code 18 which I don´t know what it is. Please tell me more about vapour traps
Thanks
Rodolfo

By the way, I´m in the middle of nowhere with no chances os specialized service....

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I don't have my code reader book handy, but I'm looking in my Haynes manual and I don't see a code 18. Are you sure it is 18?

I'm not even sure EFI systems can suffer vapor lock. You should look on line for the answer to what it is. I learned about it in high school...a long time ago. I believe it is... say, when you have your fuel line too close to the exhaust, it will create a vapour barriour and not allow fuel to reach the carb or in this case the injectors.

It might also be a bad connection (electrically).
I had one car that died every time it got hot. Long story short, the wire going to my distributor had been cut and twisted together and wrapped in electrical tape. My guess is the glue from the tape got in there and prevented a closed circuit. After I solderred it, the problem never happened again.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Yeah, that's what I figured about the EFI.

Hey Steve, how is it going? You still on sebatical, or you back in the work force again?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Code 18 = IDM ckt failure or spout ckt grounded. Sounds like either a problem with the spout connector or more likely the TFI module is bad. You can have it tested and get a replacement at pretty much any parts store.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
RLKBOB said:
or more likely the TFI module is bad.
I would go with this, that is the same symptom that the older pickups in the Duraspark II give when they go bad.

good luck,

:thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts