Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 78 I need to replace the heater core which I really don't want to do. One of the stems came out with the hose. If I bypass the heater core is there anyway to get heat inside the cab besides a mr Buddy heater. I heard there was but cant find anything on it.

·
Banned
7,818 Posts
If I bypass the heater core is there anyway to get heat inside the cab besides a mr Buddy heater. I heard there was but cant find anything on it.
So you're excluding heat from engine coolant, and from a 12V heater? That leaves sunshine, exhaust heat, or a campfire. :shrug

·
Registered
217 Posts
So you're excluding heat from engine coolant, and from a 12V heater? That leaves sunshine, exhaust heat, or a campfire. :shrug
Steve your forgetting kerosene or propane space heaters too... Might make less smoke than a campfire:thumbup

But you could always do heated seats:rockon

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Steve your forgetting kerosene or propane space heaters too... Might make less smoke than a campfire:thumbup

But you could always do heated seats:rockon
you guys forgot about the fabulous 60's -70's vw beetle gasoline powered heaters
had to leave a window open so you didn't choke on the fumes

non a/c in a bronco is very easy, 2 hoses,3 bolts, a cable and a vent extension inside

a/c truck,not so much

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
While it's going that way, Don't forget about a coal fired pot belly stove.

Gotta keep me employed!

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
It's an a/c truck. And yes steve83 I know that. I heard you could run something inside the cab. Like a supplement heater or somthing.
I had a bronco once where the heater box and all the dash was gutted out.

I bought one from ebay and it was lack luster output for heat.

Just replace the heater core and be done with it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The right choice for heat is to install a Pizza Oven in the bed, vent thru back window.

replace the heater core.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Replace the heater core....

Air bag lifts on rear to level the ride, give yourself about twenty minutes to prewarm the Bronco brick oven should be toasty fine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IThink brick would be the better choice and well better tasting... but remember you gotta upgrade the springs then. Those things are heavy:rofl:
That's an excuse for a one ton swap!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts