Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, it's cold outside! Unfortunatly, my 78 bronco does not have the heater hooked up. I'm just guessing a previous owner unhooked it because of a bad heater core. All the hoses are there, but not hooked to anything in the engine bay.

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out which heater core I need to get. I see them for a/c and without a/c. My bronc has the dealer installed type a/c (which is not hooked up either). Should I rip out all the a/c junk from under the dash and get the heater core without a/c? Or is that the type I need to get anyways?

·
Premium Member
12,535 Posts
Unless you are changing over the hole and box in the firewall get the one for A/C. It will fit in the factory box. You can pull and change it all from under the dash.

·
Registered
76 Posts
if you have dealer installed a/c. you will not have the big box. look at the firewall from the engine side if you do not see a big black box on the pass. side then you need to get a heater core for a non a/c bronco. If that is the case you will have to remove the heater assy. not to bad of a job. remove the three nuts from the eng. side of the firewall . a few wire on cables on the inside and out it comes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heater Core

There are differences in the two cores. The one with A/C has a wider gap between the pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts