Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t had my heater hoses hooked up to the core going on 15 years. What are the odds that it’s fine and won’t leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
886 Posts
What was the reason the hoses got pulled off?

Maybe plug one port with your thumb and blow in the other side, see if you feel anything leaking? Or try to send some garden hose water through it first?

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
938 Posts
Yeah.. there's a reason they're disconnected... go with Nick, blow some air through it.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was originally connected. When I dropped in the reman engine to test it I never put it back. Also, the ac system was removed but will eventually get put back.

·
Super Moderator
25,001 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great idea Miesk. Does the direction of the coolant flow matter.?
From the WP to which side of the heater core?
Or from the block to which side of the heater core?

·
Super Moderator
25,001 Posts
Yo G,
Wouldn't be bad to swap them around twice to assist in loosening up debris, etc,

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if the hoses were accidentally swapped at the heater core....does it matter- no issues. Or is there a specific flow into the core?

·
Super Moderator
25,001 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol! I wish it would show the connection at the water pump but I think I got it...Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flushed the core out with water and filled it up with some coolant. Got the Bronco up to temp and noticed no leaks. All seems fine. Can someone give me a thumbs up with the hoses, are they attached correctly? see pic.....

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,838 Posts
I couldn't tell you if it's correct, but the 351M in my 78 had them plumbed the opposite of what you have pictured. Left side went to the water pump, right side to the block.

After having a 460 swapped into mine I've kept it plumbed the same way, left side to the water pump, right side to my intake as the 460 has a wet intake and the 351M has a dry intake and goes to the block instead.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,838 Posts
I suppose if the heater doesn't blow hot and everything else is ok, you could try flipping the hoses and see if anything changes. That's probably what I'll do once I start driving mine again and operating the heater.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh shoot! My pic is wrong. I labeled it wrong. I have them connected exactly how you described Doose.
Sorry about that....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts