Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forged Off Road, LLC
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the coolant flow in through the left hose and out through the right hose (looking at the core from in front of the truck) or does it flow in through the right hose and out through the left hose? Need to know so I can make sure I have this valve installed on the right side and facing the right direction.

For the record, it's a 1979 Bronco 351M/C6

Thanks!
Woodrow

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Does not matter. It will still flow the same way. Once the valve is shut off the hot water will not circulate thru it.

·
Forged Off Road, LLC
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but if I can keep it from entering the core would it not remain cooler?

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
I doubt it. You have 190 degree water it will find it's way to the core thru either hose. Stopping it from circulating is what keeps the heat from building in the box.

·
Forged Off Road, LLC
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair enough. Thanks for helping me through the thought process. Full time school, full time job, and sole custody of my son leaves little time to think things through on the Bronco.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Woody, I'd install the the valve on your supply line (whichever that is) before the heater core, this way when you shut it off if you revv up the engine the pressure won't try to balloon the core - you know of said problem with Panthers, I have a restrictor washer on my inlet in the Townie (nothing in the 4x4 that I know of, but planning on doing something there too), and you already got that valve so may as well utilize it for that purpose too.

·
Forged Off Road, LLC
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's good thinking, MLSC, but I have a feeling the cores in trucks would be stronger... I'll figure it out and post up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts