Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Goodyear hi-miller hoses today. I put a few of them on already. I don't know where the rest go. I put the two radiator hoses on and the two heater hoses coming from the passenger side fire wall. The heater hoses I have left are 1-5/8 hose, 1-3/8 hoses, 3 hoses in the shape of an L, and 1 in the shape kinda like a U. If anyone can tell me were they go or a pic pointing to the locations. I am sure the L and U shape ones have a specific spot I just can't find them. Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the bypass hose on I think. I forgot to put that. Its the little one on top of the water pump. Correct? I can't seem to find the rest. I don't see anything up front and anything in the back I can't see or get to. The ones that are really bothering me are the L shaped ones and the U shaped ones. If pics of them would help I could snape a few.

I drew and arrow to the ones I have left and circled.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Those other hoses sound like they're for a newer model with fuel injection.If you have the upper and lower rad hoses,2 heater hoses and the by-pass hose on,then you have all the hoses replaced.

Edit:Sorry,I misread the year of your Bronco as a 1985. My bad.

·
Registered
843 Posts
They look like the hoses that connect to your throttle body (EFI). Here is a pic. Should be two of them top and bottom. When you look at the pic, one of my FMS plug wires goes over the top of the hoses on the TB.

·
Registered
869 Posts
One of them might be the line coming from the brake master cylinder to the intake manifold. There is a small hose coming off the driver side valve cover to the air intake hose also, oil feed thingy. There is also a hose on the coffee can (smog can on passenger side) but that’s a tin one. There is also one in the back of the intake, im not for sure what its called but it runs down the back of the motor, if you ever had to drop the transmission, you know that is a real pain in the butt to reconnect. Oh and the pvc one too.
The extra hose's might be longer than you need but im sure your suppose to cut to fit.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks everyone. I saw the little one that Xris was talking about. I just didnt want to start cutting if they had a specific place to be. I was also thinking of doing the one from the intake and one from the master cylinder. Like I said I didnt want to start cutting and putting them places if they were suppose to be somewhere else. Thanks again.

·
Registered
843 Posts
1) Don't cut anything yet.
2) Take off the old and match up to your new to make sure the are the correct ones.
3) Test fit them to make sure diamter is correct.
4) Take pictures of your engine after the install so we can all drool!!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hey Dub,
Where did you get the hoses from and for how much?
I had done a brief search for them a few years back and they didn’t have any for the 95.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Nice hoses Broncodubs:thumbup
I just got my same hoses delivered from summit about 30 mins ago. These hoses are sweet and that ford blue color is gonna look sweet!!!! How do you like yours? Its good to know that I will have some left over, so I wont be standing there all puzzled.

I like how the burst rating is 10 time stronger than standard hoses, outlast them by 5 to 10 times, and look great.

I recently noticed some of my hoses were bulging and need replaced. I like the idea of their strength and not having to worry about them for a long, long time.

I also am flushing my cooling system and replacing my heater core at the same time. I also bought some of that expensive 150,000 mile long life coolant.

I cant wait to get them on!!:chili:

BTW I would just keep the extra hoses as spare pieces, never know when you or someone else your wheeling with might need em.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Xris- Yeah thats what I did with the other ones. I will put some pics up as soon as I am done.

hipropos- I got them from Summit they are like 94 bucks. You wont find them for a 95 cause it only says they go up to 94. I don't know why. Maybe thats why I have extra pieces. It dont make sense though cause they should be the exact same engine.:shrug All the other hoses I put on already fit perfect so I don't know what the diffrence is and why they say it only goes up to 94. Here is the link though.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail.asp&part=GTR-5003&FROM=MG

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thanks,
they have a good price on the oil filter relocation kit also on those pages.
I just have to get one for my 03 supercrew. It’s a real pain in the *** to change the filter.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Be carefull not to use heater hose for vacuum like your brake booster, they may colapse rendering no power brakes.

Like said before, take a pic and show us when your done!

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
Fordgirl said:
Those are extra hoses and you wont be using them on your application. I have those same left over ones too. :(

same here, its kinda a universal kit i think,

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Did you check out the pic link in my sig line?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris340 said:
Be carefull not to use heater hose for vacuum like your brake booster, they may colapse rendering no power brakes.

Like said before, take a pic and show us when your done!
I put one there. These hoses are suppose to be more durable. Still think I may have a problem?

Streetgang, I did check out your pics. It was the same ones I had on that I could see. I was gonna put the thin one above the upper radiator hose on, but the end attached to the radiator isn't clamped, its got a metal piece at the end of it. I didn't know how to get it off and didn't want to break it tryin.

I will get pics up tommorrow, didn't get a chance to tonite.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts