Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...
My parents came in to visit me for the weekend...and the heater has gone out in their truck - It just blows cold air.

With my mom's health (I know some of you know the story, so I won't get into that) she really can't travel like that in this weather.

Anyway, if you guys have any ideas...please give me a shot ASAP.

Thanks!
Bill

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
the valve that lets the warm water in isnt hooked up anymore, or blocked closed.

Is the engine getting warm???

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine is not getting any warmer than usual...

I'll run out and check the valve...by valve, are you talking about the thermostat? Because if that was the case, as you said...it would be overheating.

Thanks, keep the ideas comin' I am at a loss.

Cheers!
Bill

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
no I mean if your therm. was stuck open and you were only going on a couple of mile long trips the engine wont warm up and you wont have heat. But what I mean about the valve is the thing that allows the heated water to go threw the heater core.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok...

So is there a quick fix for that??

So they aren't freezin' their a$$es off on the trip back to KY?

Bill

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
take it out and hook the heater hose up so it always sends hot water threw, that will get them threw the winter, besides once its out you can see if its blocked and maybe remove the corrosion and reinstall???:shrug

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok...Mom and Pop are still havin' this problem. Dad and I just replaced the heater core, and dad has already replaced all hoses and thermostat.

Still blowing cold air...any other ideas? Anybody know anything about fuses, etc??

Thanks!
Bill

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Done did do that...they are hot...

What do you mean by damper door? and how can we fix that??

Also, the temp. guage does not work...Dad said he checked all the fuses and so on - don't know if that will help diagnose it...

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
326 Posts
the damper door is what routes hot and cold air depending on whether you are using heat or A/C. Since you just changed the heater core I would start looking for unplugged vacuum hoses or cables that may have been left off that control the doors in the heater box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts