Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, my heater controls are going out i believe. Last winter i could turn it up on high and it wouldnt blow high, just low, but i could wiggle the switch and then it would kick in. Well this year it wont even go on high even if i wiggle the switch. Just keeps blowing on low no matter what.

Do i need another control unit or what? Also how hard are they to replace, is it just the four or so screws, and then slide it out and replace or what?

I need high heat bad and would appreciate the help.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
arkansawer said:
Hey yall, my heater controls are going out i believe. Last winter i could turn it up on high and it wouldnt blow high, just low, but i could wiggle the switch and then it would kick in. Well this year it wont even go on high even if i wiggle the switch. Just keeps blowing on low no matter what.

Do i need another control unit or what? Also how hard are they to replace, is it just the four or so screws, and then slide it out and replace or what?

I need high heat bad and would appreciate the help.
Not necessarily Arkansawer

Pre-pay and pre-book your chiropractor then get your head under the dash under that switch area. Pull the plug off the switch and pull it down where you can see it. Steve83 imparted to me, years ago, that this plug and the huge 10 gauge wires running to it, actually fry black eventually.

Sho' nuff mine were so bad one wires was burned in half. The stealership has a neat crimp-on plug with 8" of even bigger wires that you can install and you'll get all your fan speed back (if that's it).

Sixlitre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts