Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
536 Posts
You might be able to get away with that. From reading the other posts I dont think that it is just your resistor that is broke. Yes the resistor controls the other speeds, But high is almost no resistance.Might wanna try jumping the blower wires to see if it will come on. Then to get you by until you get another job you could wire it hot and put a on/off switch inline. I hope I made some sense in any of this.

· Registered
536 Posts
I am pretty sure it can handle running straight on 12v. I cant find my haynes to look at the wiring diagram. But if you do wire it straight to the battery be sure to put in a fuse or some form of circuit protection inline also. Also I think I paid only 30 bucks for my resistor from Ford last winter. Might wanna give them a call and see what they have to say.

· Registered
536 Posts
Well check to see if the fan is coming on at all by putting power to it. If it is then you can rig the switch up pretty cheap to get you by. Also try hitting the fan motor with hammer/screwdriver or somthing when it dosent come on. That might knock the brushes back into contact and run.

· Registered
536 Posts
I would replace just the fan for now. You would still have high with the old resistor. That way it will get you by until you have more funds. Once you have more green to throw out there then do the resistor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.