Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had this: Went to check the oil, something ain't right...the housing is floppin around - I could not check anything EXCEPT how the hell does that thing fit back. You say "ah just push it back in", in what dream world? I can't make it fit, there is a wide spot at the tip of the housing, if I grind that to a point and use bondo or gorilla spit???? heeeelp.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
be sure to put on a new oring while you are there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
ive tapped them back in with a block of wood and a hammer with a new o-ring of couse.. they can sometimes be a real bitch to get them to seat correctly.. ive also just tack welded it then it isnt coming out...

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
I put just put a block over the top of mine and hit it back in with the hammer no problems at all

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE! What happened is: the dipstick housing broke off, and left 3"-4" in the block...this is ARGHHHH! Happened that a friend had a set of TAPS, we found the correct size, tapped into the broken housing in the block, screwed in the proper bolt and with the Grace of THE MAN UPSTAIRS, we were able to get it out. What a thing to have happen!

·
Registered
528 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
with my luck, during the tapping process, somehow the remaining tube in the block wouldve broke into little peices and i wouldve had to drop the pan to get it out.
My luck, I would have snapped the tap off and then had a hardened tap to try and remove

1 - 10 of 10 Posts