Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,231 Posts
Agreed, we used to fab cages & ship them for jeep guys because we'd been doing it for so long, but shipping is a real bitch, dimensional weight & all...

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,781 Posts
I don't like that vertical bar at the side of the rear seat. That's just asking for some head trauma off road, at least the way I drive.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't like that vertical bar at the side of the rear seat. That's just asking for some head trauma off road, at least the way I drive.
Its behind the seat. Just there for the seat belt attachment and my kids are the only ones who sit there. I don't run the dunes at Pismo either:goodfinge The whole cage will get padded in the correct spots

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
nice cage hefty............:beer

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,781 Posts
Its behind the seat. Just there for the seat belt attachment and my kids are the only ones who sit there. I don't run the dunes at Pismo either:goodfinge The whole cage will get padded in the correct spots
That works then. Looks good. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Hefty your work always looks amazing, clean and functional! i like that cage please share most pictures!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I like it! You should look in to offering them.

As a matter of fact. I was going to buy the Jeffs pre-built cage, but you started fabing stuff up for broncos, I've been waiting to see if you build a cage.

Last time I checked, Jeffs wanted just under $500 for the cage and like $300 for shipping!!!!!!!:barf:banghead

please note: Im kind of hung over, sorry if that was hard to follow.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like it! You should look in to offering them.

As a matter of fact. I was going to buy the Jeffs pre-built cage, but you started fabing stuff up for broncos, I've been waiting to see if you build a cage.

Last time I checked, Jeffs wanted just under $500 for the cage and like $300 for shipping!!!!!!!:barf:banghead

please note: Im kind of hung over, sorry if that was hard to follow.
:beer And you have to do the final cutting, notching, and welding

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Jim. The only way to get around the DIY weld and cut thing is to have a kit that fits loosly. My cage is extremely tight to the body and top to maximize interior room but it is still tight. Make the tolerances any less and it won't be comfortable in the back seat for any one over 6ft. My brother rode in the back seat of mine yesterday, he's 6'4" and his head was up inbetween the upper hoops. I'm pretty sure his head would touch the topper even without the cage. Anyway, we are looking into a cage kit but there is a lot to consider besides bending up some tube. The other thing with the DIY kit is that a cage needs to be properly welded or it will cause more harm than good. Hobby welders should not weld a cage!

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
What about using tube clamps. I have seen a bunch of bolt in cages for jeeps that use them but they call them sport cages though, but this way there would be no welding.

I am not sure i would be good for hardcore wheeling but might be ok for moderate wheeling for that extra piece of mind.

Like these.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I dig it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts