Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I live in Park City, and every year in January for 10 days....Hollyweird comes to Park City...triples population, and traffic, and on top of it I work hospitality....

By far the biggest year seen everyone from U2 to Bruce Willis, Robert Deniro, Reggie Bush, Collin Farrell, Tom Hanks, a cracked out looking Mary kate Olsen, Paris Hilton throwning a party at my hotel, etc... There everywhere most are really cool, the dicks are the wannabe INDIE producers, think there the $hit.

Capped off though last night standing outside for a u2 screening waiting for my brother and who decides to walk by....Al Gore

The weather outside is about -5 to 5 degrees out and were standing buy a heater/fire thing they have set up and Al Gore walks about 15 ft away from us and we start giving the guy crap... "Hey Al the only thing heating this earth is this heater and your families coal plants", "hey Al can you send some of that global warming to Park City". He ignored us not much else he could say...Paparazzi was dogging him like crazy to along with Alex Smith (49er) QB

I usually leave them alone unless I see Madonna, Dan Rather, Sean Penn, Danny Glover, or Alex Baldwin those will be the exceptions, all rumored to be here...

7 More days to Hell is done and all the phonies can leave and turn back this town......

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
yeah, but those "phonies" as you call them fund your paycheck, don't they?

it's the same with any tourist destination. you hate them, but love the money they spend.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but those "phonies" as you call them fund your paycheck, don't they?

it's the same with any tourist destination. you hate them, but love the money they spend.
Not so much us, more jsut the random tourists, really dosent effect us revenue wise. I still get my salary either way, and we would still be sold out anyways, since it is in the heart of ski season, but your right in general economy loves it (i.e. restaurants, real estate offices, art galleries) who get paid by major comapnies to rent there space out for parties (20 grand to 200, 000grand for 10 days). The restaurants who stay open make bank. Transportaion is loving it to. Our bellmen hate it since most of these people make little or no money so they dont tip ;) Its fun and games at times, but like I said traffic is a nightmare

1 - 7 of 7 Posts