Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! It has been a while. Life sure does take us places over a decade. I have had to sell and then bought and sold again many times. Through all that I learned what I wanted in my Bronco.
I came across a 1986 with a 5.0 and the manual transfer case. My previous ones were push button and I really prefer the simplicity. I also for some reason prefer the 302 over the 351. It seems to get just a little better mileage.
I traded an air compressor for this one. It has it's good and bad with it but all in all it is pretty solid.
This week I am going start the engine rebuild and go through all the suspension. As long as it is running good I am going to drive it through the winter as is. Then I plan on spring body work. I really think the body is clean enough if I were to put wheel flares on it and cut out the wheel wells.
I have two questions. With 33's what is a good lift for this? Not too tall as girlfriend is short, and what is the best cost effective flare kit for the wheel wells?
I hope I will finally post more. I will take pictures when I have more time.
Take care!

·
Super Moderator
29,084 Posts
Yo Jason,
Welcome!

Member Wes wrote in Lift Guide @ LIFT AND TIRE INFORMATION FOR 80-96 BRONCOS "Generally 33 inch tires will fit without rubbing issues except on the radius arms. Some rubbing may occur on the fenders under extreme flex but can be fixed with very minor trimming and if the rubbing occurs on the bumper it can be spaced out to fix this problem. A 4 inch lift can fit 35s with minor trimming but 33s are recommended to alleviate any rubbing issues. A 6 inch lift can fit up to 35 inch tires with minor rubbing if any. Skyjacker makes an 8 inch lift that can be used to fit up to 38 inch tires, but this puts a lot of strain on the TTB axle setup."

Other members can suggest flares or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie BroncTech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to buy, sell or trade, due to scammers who preyed on our members too many times.

Here's the 86 Bronco Dealer Brochure at 1983 Ford Bronco 86 Bronco Brochure Photos pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

1986 Bronco ELECTRICAL & VACUUM TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL (partial) by Ford via 1986 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments by Ford via Gary
See more info by Gary.

1986 Bronco Operating Guide @ 1983 Ford Bronco Manuals & Pamphlets (Scanned) picture | SuperMotors.net

1980-86 Pickup Fasteners by Ford via Gary, but mostly for front clip

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Forum FAQs, includes how to post pics, etc

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc

Find time to Participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (soon to change to Quarter) Contest and later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thanks for such an informative response! Ill have to sit down this weekend and go through everything.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,162 Posts
Congrats on the 86 and welcome back! I snuck in while you were gone. See what happens when you leave the door open! Lookin' forward to pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts