Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
my name is nathan, i am a proud owner of 2 1979 FORD BRONCO'S, Which is going to become 1 fully restored from the ground up.right now i have only about 20 hrs. into it, the frame is completely bare now and soon will be sand blasted and sent off to the powdercoating shop.
I have the engine complete, it is a 400M. that has been ported, polished, balanced, and blueprinted.let me discribe the parts that i have installed and the work that has been done to it.
*crankshaft- original,been sent out to be turned, balanced, and criotreated for strenghtening.
* connecting rods- had a set made, high performance, balanced, and sent out to be criotreated for strenghtening.
* pistons- a set made from ross racingpistons .30" over , flat top, high performance. block also bored .30" over. of course...
* cam- crane cams:from crane cams w/ lifters and matching valve train, cam is set @ 1000-5200 rpm.
* heads- original: .30" under/ w/ valve matching, springs, crane cams aluminum roller rockers w/ new stud kit that mounts to the original stud location so i didnt have to have the head grinded down for the new stud roller clearance.
* new crane cams push rods, sorry forgot specks, there just pushrods.
* Intake Manifold: edelbrock performer 400 intake w/ EGR:
* Distributor - MSD:forgot the model and series of it,its the nice one though,lol...
* Carb- Edelbrock 650cfm/ w/ electric choke.
And that is just the basics of what i have done and had done to my project so far.
Thank You to All, this is definately a great site to be a part of...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome. My first taste of Broncs was in the Everglades somewhere along Alligator alley in my uncle's 73.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.