Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer Bronco 5.0L Auto trans
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post & Hello to all!
I picked up a Blue 86 Eddie Bauer last month. Its all there & not too rusty compared to the 20 i looked at over the last few years. I had to get it running to test drive it... That consisted of replacing the ground wire, charging the battery, checking oil & coolant as it hadnt run since last summer. Anyway got it running enough to test drive it around the block. It was good enough for me, as I like to tell myself that I tell can fix anything. It's got a new crate 5.0L, with all the old EFI put back on, a/c is all there, it's got a new Monster trans, & a new rear end, the guy gave up on the project & bought a 1980 Bronco from California that's in excellent shape and this one sat on the sidelines.

Anyway, he is a nice guy, he trailered it here for me (40miles) & I have been giving him updates on my progress. Once here, I ordered every bit of EFI wizardry getting it to go from barely running, to running pretty good now. TPS, Map Sensor, Mainfold temp sensor, EGR & Sensor, EGR, and O2 sensor, although it has headers and no bung for it & I havent gotten to looking for the connector, I HAVE read many posts on where it would be tho... I hear not all 86 efi broncos had o2 sensors tho??

Anyway, I am looking to do a full restoration on this. I have restored many vehicles mostly Corvettes and Chevelle's, Mustangs, but I have had 3 broncos in the past a Blue 78 460ci auto, a Tan 85 XLT 351-4v auto , & a new red metallic 96 EB 5.0 auto. I looked for quite some time for an 85-86 as I really liked the bullnose look & simplicity. It's all there, interior is in remarkably good shape, needs most of the sheet metal replaced, but the floors & rockers arent bad at all, even the tailgate isnt too bad, but I'll still buy a new tailgate, but at least the rear indow still works! Anyway I'll post here and there, I mostly read and learn as most stuff have been asked. I plan on painting it a few shades lighter blue, and a better shade of tan top and lower area like my 96 EB Tan top was a darker shade, not the yellowish color it has now.

Here's a pic of it as of yesterday on my shakedown cruise after fixing a non working water temp guage. I grounding the wire & it didnt peg it, traced it up the harness & had nothing, so I pulled the cluster, traced the pin and just ran a new wire to the sender. While I was at it, I pulled off the blue covers & ordered LED's for all the bulbs for the interior, blinkers, side lamps & license plate lamps. The one thing missing is the spare tire carrier. The bolts are in the qtr panel & receiver on the tailgate, but someone took it off & I'm looking for one if anyone has one let me know.

Here are the Blue I am thinking at this point, a much brighter blue.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the 86 club! I love the bullnose era trucks. Especially the 85/86 302s perfect mix with the early 80s simplicity but still having efi. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress. The blue is a nice color.

·
Super Moderator
24,725 Posts
Yo Rob,
WELCOME to our Big Bronco family!

I'll move this thread to the Introductions section so that we all can get to know you better especially of your Bronco experiences..

Here is the 1986 Bronco ELECTRICAL & VACUUM TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL (partial) by Gary @ 1986 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)
See more info by Gary.

1986 Bronco Operating Guide @ 1983 Ford Bronco Manuals & Pamphlets (Scanned) picture | SuperMotors.net

1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments by Gary @ 1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments

1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 Pickup Fasteners by Gary @ Ford 1980-86 Pickup Fasteners

1986 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1983 Ford Bronco 86 Bronco Brochure Photos pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

See our FORUM FAQs @ FAQ
Includes how to search, etc,

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

➡ See our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get mod ideas by those competing!
Also see the prizes! They are freaking awesome!
Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts