Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all FSB Enthusiasts,
Just joined the group have been looking and watching this site for a long time. I have had a 1978 Bronco since 1994 and I can't let it go. I have retired form the US Army in 2017 after 25 of glorious service to the country that I love!! Since 9/11 I have been deployed 5 times for a year at a time, so my beloved BRONC has been very neglected. and is in need of some care. I understand this is not the place for questions, so I will refrain until I socialize a little. I am excited to meet all and would appreciate the any HELP!
I have attached some pics, so please take a look and get me rolling again,
Thanks!!
ajp78 20200217_141409.jpg 20200217_141342.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the Like 馃憤馃憤Mikey 2020! As I re-read my intro post I realized left out a few words that would have made the post make more sense馃ぃ. I will have to proof read before posting next time....

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hello fflcffreak! Thanks for the comment (y)(y) good luck with your bronco, Hopefully I will be able to help you and others as I out as I dig into the restoration of my BRONC!
ajp78

Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
Welcome to the forum.

I really like the paint combo there with the two tone and the stripe going up the pillar. I think that's my favorite paint scheme on the 78/79's.

Super Moderator
Yo ajp78bronc!,
Welcome to our Big Bronco site and thank for your dedicated service鈿

We had a 78 with 351M, dual batty, completely re-wired, no air, Borg-Warner T-18 4-speed, New Process 205 transfer case, dual Flowmasters, Dick's rear driveshaft, sport wheel,
4" Superlift. Ran great. Sold it bec. we had too many vehicles to maintain and I wasn't around it much.

Some info for you to get your 78 rolling;

1978 Bronco Dealer Brochure via Indybronco

1978 Bronco Emission Component Location Diagrams via 78brncoxlt

1978 Ford Bronco & Truck Wiring Diagrams by Ford via Bronc Mom @ Demo78 wiring diagram.pdf

1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual via topsig (Ziggy); similar to 78.

1979 Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics
Similar to 78

Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch @ Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop

MANY 78 Parts Break-Out Diagrams by Indybronco (Lula Mae) @ pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

78 351M/400 Engine Exhaust Emission Control Information Decal & Timing by member grovermyson @ Timing - Do I need to do anything ?

C6 Auto Transmission, if equipped, Description & Operation, Adjustments, Diagnosis & Testing (partial), Disassembly & Assembly, Parts Break-Out Diagram, Hydraulic Control System Diagram, Removal & Installation & Specifications @ https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_155464716156516&key=6ed47b392b9edfe394b9e89b72717104&libId=ju70qeuf01000bgv000MAb4isjltc&loc=https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/6-1978-79-bronco-tech/210246-c6-rebuild.html&v=1&opt=true&out=http://www.thedieselfiles.com/Ford/C6%20Automatic%20tranny.pdf&ref=https://www.google.com/&title=C6 Rebuild - Ford Bronco Forum&txt=Description & Operation, Adjustments, Diagnosis & Testing (partial), Disassembly & Assembly, Parts Break-Out Diag...

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes too long to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 installed. Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tilt wheel Diagram, Tire Rack.

Order a Ford authorized repair manual other than the EVTM, either a Bishko or a Dave Graham from rockauto.com etc. in Literature section or other source. If it's a CD, ask if it will run on your device.

For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Build section that requires a 30 post count & Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select 鈥淎ccount Settings鈥 from the drop down menu.

From your 鈥淎ccount Settings鈥 page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select 鈥淪ignature鈥.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example, How to Use Search.
See more tips!

鉃 Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ech-links.html

Look at some Technical Service Bulletins @ http://www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams-database/

Try to find time to Participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Then get ready for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.)!
Al

Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Welcome to FSB! I love that paint scheme.

And definitely, thank you for your service!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum.

I really like the paint combo there with the two tone and the stripe going up the pillar. I think that's my favorite paint scheme on the 78/79's.
Hey, Doonsenberry,
Thanks for the positive!! I love the blue and white, that is the color of the infantry and my fav.. for the the ranger XLT which I have. I just need to fix her up. The broncs been sitting for a long time since I have been gone.. it kills me. Time is the issue, getting old wears on everyone haha.
Thanks,
ajp78bronc!

Registered
Welcome and salute to your service to the country. You surely got an interesting project, looking forward to your progress thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts