Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this bad boy for a few years now, and in my attempts to fix all the damage the previous owners caused, I kept finding this place. He's a '94 Eddie Bauer with a 5.8 that sadly has seen better days. I call him 'Leviathan', sometimes anyway.

Here's to the adventures I have while trying to fix him up a bit. Cheers, y'all.

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,164 Posts
Welcome to FSB! Yeah, we do have some adventures fixing 'em up at times lol!

·
Registered
1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome & the truck looks to be in decent shape compared to many others as far as rust, but it can all be fixed! What part of the country are you in?
Yeah the body is remarkably clean surprisingly. Just surface rust on the hood and roof from where the Walmart rattle can black peeled the factory paint off. (I got it like that, promise!) I'm in the Midwest, so the underside leaves much to be desired. Good ol' road salt. Truck's outta Kentucky tho.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,259 Posts
Ah gotta love that road salt... NwPa here so I can totally relate. Road salt ate my 90 😥 also why I went to Texas to find a clean rig. RustAvert undercoating is my new best friend 👍

Nice looking rig. Looks like a great starting point. Don't even wanna get into my resto adventure 🙄

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
986 Posts
Oh that damn salt, mine was from Tennessee, & now its in Michigan, which gets a ton of salt on the roads, but its never gonna see rain, snow, or salty roads again on my watch. Its a summer toy only for me that stayes tucked in a garage with heat/air.

Like many of us, the goal is, its only gonna get nicer over time. Mine was a barely running hunk when I got it, now its mechanically pretty good, thanks to the wonderful folks here pointing me in the right direction along the way. Next I get to rust repair & eventually paint, but they are still fun to drive, rusty or not!! Enjoy!!

·
Super Moderator
29,132 Posts
Yo ZombieGears,
Welcome!
ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number); or @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or ... have VIN ready. While there, see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

1994 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Ford via Dezo's Garage @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1994-Ford-Bronco.pdf

1994 Bronco Brochure, Partial; Cover & Page 3; plus pics of EDDIE BAUER model accessories.
by Ford via BigRob at 1994 Ford Bronco Bronco Accessories pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view due to scammers who preyed on our members.).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search, How To Save (Bookmark) Threads or Posts & more tips!

BabaLooey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting."

Try to find time to participate and Vote in our Full-Size of the Month Contest (soon to be Quarter) and CURRENT Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,473 Posts
Welcome to our community! Make sure you read up on how to calibrate the PSOM for those tires! Not only will it make you have a correct speedo, but the transmission will shift better and run cooler!

·
Registered
1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah gotta love that road salt... NwPa here so I can totally relate. Road salt ate my 90 😥 also why I went to Texas to find a clean rig. RustAvert undercoating is my new best friend 👍

Nice looking rig. Looks like a great starting point. Don't even wanna get into my resto adventure 🙄
Thanks! I work at an auto parts store and I've been eyeing the rust covers and cleaners. It's on my list of to dos that's a mile long. 😅

·
Registered
1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to our community! Make sure you read up on how to calibrate the PSOM for those tires! Not only will it make you have a correct speedo, but the transmission will shift better and run cooler!
Thank you! I definitely will. I meant to forever ago and it just sort of went out the window when more wiring issues and such made themselves known. I appreciate the reminder 😄

·
Registered
1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh that damn salt, mine was from Tennessee, & now its in Michigan, which gets a ton of salt on the roads, but its never gonna see rain, snow, or salty roads again on my watch. Its a summer toy only for me that stayes tucked in a garage with heat/air.

Like many of us, the goal is, its only gonna get nicer over time. Mine was a barely running hunk when I got it, now its mechanically pretty good, thanks to the wonderful folks here pointing me in the right direction along the way. Next I get to rust repair & eventually paint, but they are still fun to drive, rusty or not!! Enjoy!!
Yeah, salts a necessary evil lmao. Mine's hopefully gonna be a daily, it's just currently in the "barely running hunk" category right now. Hopefully I can get a headstart on it before winter hits too bad now that I have the opportunity and the means to get it in better condition.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,259 Posts
Barely running hunk is a better place to start then many of us had

1 - 12 of 12 Posts