Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I am not exactly new to the web site as I have been reading the forums for several months and have even posted a couple of questions. I bought my 79 Bronco about a year ago and have since disasembled the whole thing. I am planning a complete build up. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I have always wanted to build a truck from the ground up. This site has been awesome and I am sure I will be posting several questions as I build it back up. I will try and do some writeups too as I am putting stuff back together. If there is anything in particular that you want documented really well let me know and I will take a few extra pictures. I want to build a rig that will perform well in the rocks as well as at the sand dunes. So here is what I have.

When I bought it:
Tired 400M with Edlebrock intake and three dead cylinders
good C-6
NP203
Stock dana 44 front and 9" rear
Stock suspension
235/75-R15 tires on white spoke wheels

What I have done so far:
Removed pretty much everything from the frame
sand blasted and painted frame
Line-Xed the undercarriage of the body (black) and interior (gray)
put body back on frame
dana 60 front and rear axles from 79 F250 with ARB's and 4.56 gears disk brakes and 35 spline shafts in the back
1968 429 Ported the exhaust ports (72cc chamber heads) I currently have an Edlebrock performer intake and headers for a 73-79 2wd f150
C-6 rebuilt with wide spread gears from E4OD
Purchased an NP205

Things I am consedering: (please feel free to coment about these ideas)
Cage radius arms and shock hoops
6inch Superflex springs front and rear
38 inch TSL's or equivelant (might even consider 39.5 if you think they would fit) I also like the looks of the Pitbull Rockers, anybody have those?
Cut out fender flares (or maybe just a fender trim job)
Propane conversion to run full time propane. For this I would get flat top pistons (about 11.5-12:1 compression) and hardned valve seats
If not propane I would get a Weiand Stealth intake and stay with stock compression (about 9.5:1)
L&L Headers (I would like the fenderwell exit but don't know if they will work with the Cage shock hoops)
Painless wiring harness (old harness had lots of splices could probably be re-used with some work to clean it up but I want to make sure everything is right when it goes back together. I have heard painless are pretty good)
NP203-205 doubler with 3 stick shifter.
full roll cage, custom bumpers with tire mount and rock sliders (I've read lots of great threads for good ideas)

Of course from reading this site I am always coming up with new ideas and I appreciate comments. I know you are all probably thinking that I am either some rich kid or just a dreamer but I am neither. I just have a lot of patience and an understanding wife. So this buildup will probably take a couple of years, but I figure if I am going to go to this much trouble I am going to make it how I want it.

Here is my supermotors site:

http://www.supermotors.org/users/jonnybronco

I will post updates as things happen I am putting the AC ducts back in this weekend.

Jonny

·
Registered
952 Posts
Do you still have the D44 front? I WANT IT!!!!

Welcome to FSB!:thumbup :thumbup

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
Welcome to the club

OldYeller probably had too much Morgan's, he thinks he's a great person (just kidding partner)
I've switched to Crown royal and Jack daniels. I drink them separately now though, mixed them once, you don't wanna do that.:doh0715:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Oldyeller said:
I've switched to Crown royal and Jack daniels. I drink them separately now though, mixed them once, you don't wanna do that.:doh0715:

rich bitch!:toothless

the most expensive liquor me and my buddies drink is Wild Turkey 101 which is 19.99 for a 750:thumbup :thumbup

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you probably drink Milwaukee's best or Busch beer.

C'mon man, live a little, you gotta spoil yourself sometimes. We're not talking about $1000 bottle of champagne

·
Registered
952 Posts
Oldyeller said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you probably drink Milwaukee's best or Busch beer.

C'mon man, live a little, you gotta spoil yourself sometimes. We're not talking about $1000 bottle of champagne

Na, Bud Light and Bud Select usually. And I don't usually have an option, i'm almost 18.:toothless

But Milwakees Busch and Miller Light are a great value. That's alot of drunkness for 12.99 for a 30 rack.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts