Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, just bought my first Bronco a couple of weeks ago and been loving it ever since. Hoping to get to the folks on here and learn a few tricks of the trade as I try to restore my Bronco to its former glory.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,872 Posts
Welcome aboard! Now post up some pics of your rig!

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome theres a few of us from Arkansas on here
That doesn't surprise me, I see a lot of Broncos on the road but hardly anyone ever sales them. Thats why I feel lucky to get mine when I did.
Welcome aboard! Now post up some pics of your rig!
Well she is still a work in progress, I only had her for about a week and a half. I already replaced the spare tire carrier, starter, ac hose, tie rods, gearbox, seatbelts, and just installed a new passenger seat. Putting in the drivers side seat tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
24,689 Posts
Yo Razorback75
Welcome and congrats on acquiring the best year Bronco EVER! It looks great!

ASAP, find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links⚠)

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial. Download it.

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Register to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site .

Try to find time to participate and vote in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yo Razorback75
Welcome and congrats on acquiring the best year Bronco EVER! It looks great!

ASAP, find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links⚠)

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial. Download it.

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Register to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site .

Try to find time to participate and vote in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al
Hell ya 96 is the best lol. Thanks brother for the info dump and contact info, it’s much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
24,689 Posts
Hell ya 96 is the best lol. Thanks brother for the info dump and contact info, it’s much appreciated.
Yo,
Yep, the 96 rules !... Just stirring up the non- 96 owners a bit⚠😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts