Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I FINALLY bought my first bronco last month after wanting one since high school! I ended up with a beautiful 89 bronco that’s mostly all original. I plan on keeping it garage kept and only driven on nice days. I fully plan on handing this down to my kids one day! Speaking of, I’ve got three of them and they absolutely love this thing! So this one came from Florida originally, garage kept and then a year ago moved to Michigan where the guy went through it all and cleaned her up and sold her to me. It’s got 110,000 original miles and I’m just so happy that I waited for the right one. It’s currently under the knife getting valve cover gaskets and having them sand blasted and painted, plenum painted, exhaust manifold gasket replaced, fumoto oil plug, power steering pump and tie rod ends installed. Besides that, future plans are grill, headlights and some small cosmetic pieces for my OCD self lol. Looking forward to tons of info and getting to know other bronco owners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This was after washing and clay barring the whole truck. I will be polishing the paint with a one step polish when it returns from my mechanic.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, mattmann...... welcome and congratulations on your beautiful Bronco!

Where in Arkansas? We are in Bentonville.
We are in Crittenden County close to the TN line! My oldest has played in ball tournaments in Bentonville in the past!

·
Registered
564 Posts
We are in Crittenden County close to the TN line! My oldest has played in ball tournaments in Bentonville in the past!

Awwww.... that's about as far apart as we can be and still being the same state. If you ever get this way again, let me know and we'll try to meet. I bet you were pretty close to our house when you were here..... at the high school, or maybe at the fields at Phillips Park?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awwww.... that's about as far apart as we can be and still being the same state. If you ever get this way again, let me know and we'll try to meet. I bet you were pretty close to our house when you were here..... at the high school, or maybe at the fields at Phillips Park?
Phillips Park i believe it was. I’m sure we will be up that way this summer as he still plays travel ball. He’s loving this truck just as much as me now!! I’ll definitely give you a shout if I end up that way again though!

·
Super Moderator
24,725 Posts
Yoi Matt,
EDIT
A belated Welcome!
When I saw your first post here in Announcement section I typed out this welcome to you, howver I never sent it,? I just saw that I didn't send this and completed movement of this thread to the Introduction section.

Here is some info for you;
1989 Ford Brono EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling, so download for the table of contents, search feature, etc.

1989 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1989 Ford Bronco

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary @ Lubricant Specifications

For any Bronco questions, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example,k How to Use Search.
See more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

See our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests:
You will get ideas by those competing.
Also see the prizes! They are freaking awesome⚠
Al

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,029 Posts
Welcome from regular Kansas, about 4-5 hours from the Tablerock Lake area.

That's a purdy bronco!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts