Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from Western Colorado. I just picked up my ‘84 a couple weeks ago and joined the group a few days later. All stock from what I can tell. It has the 300 6cyl.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,715 Posts
Congrats on the new rig 👍 my 82 came off the line in that color... Then someone did a real Earl Scheib paint job to get it white. Hard to find with the full chrome trim. What's ur plans for her?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too much. Make her reliable first, the tires are about shot too. Then just a little here and there, I'm more of a tinkerer than mechanic so its just for for hitting some off the highway trails and passes.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,715 Posts
Nice... Nothing wrong with simple... You'll find lots of great threads for tire suggestions and shock suggestions for good all around use... Got any interior pix?

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
Yo Keith,
Welcome to our site!
Here is the 1984 Bronco Dealer XLT/Standard "Catalog" by Gary @ 1984 Bronco

Some Fastener Illustrations by Gary @ Ford 1980-86 Pickup Fasteners

1980 - 86 Bronco/F Series Carburetors, Chokes & EFI by Gary @ Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI - ???Gary's Garagemahal
See more info by Gary.

Technical Service Bulletin @ http://www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams-database/
RECALL - SEATS. TSBID: 105674 MFG NUMBER: 83V020000 ISSUE DATE: 1983-02-24T00:00:00
RECALL PROBABLY EXPIRED.

F9r any Bronco questions, post them in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example, How to Use Search
See more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Please find tine to look at and Vote at our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Enjoy our site!
Al

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Welcome, from eastern Kansas! And from an 85, 6cyl, 4spd owner. Sharp rig you've got there. We've got a good 300 six community here too, able to guide you through hopping that six cylinder up if you want.

Where in CO are ya? Weve got a number of guys on the eastern slope, and a few out west. I've been to many places in CO. Beautiful state.

At the end of April, the Utah Bronco Club hosts the annual Bronco Safari out in Moab. We had a number of guys out there last year, and some going this year. You should join if able! We have a thread here, and the Utah Bronco Club has a whole site for it. Just FYI, there was both a stock Bronco 2 and a stock 76 out there last year that did the trails with good success, not to mention some near stock fullsizers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Delta County, Southeast of Grand Junction. I may try hopping it up in the future but for now I just want to make sure its reliable. I;m sure I will be asking for help on that as well. Just got new widow run channels delivered today to try to seal it up a bit and quiet some of the wind noise. Once it starts warming up a bit I'll start looking under the hood (if I can wait that long).

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Oh man you are so close to so many awesome trails! I wanna get down to the passes around Telluride some day. I was out in Leadville during the Fourth of July last year. Independence Pass is awesome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts