Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time Bronco owner. Just bought my first Bronco, a '95 XLT, two days ago. It is white with a 5.8 and grey leather interior. It has a lot of miles, about 187,000, but supposedly the engine has about 30,000. It runs very smooth and clean, so hopefully the story on the engine is accurate.

I referred to this site when I was deciding to buy. I must thank everybody for the great info available on this site. I initially was going to buy an older Bronco, as there are some pretty good deals to be had. However, after reading this site I found a '92 and newer was the right choice, since I have two young daughters. One of my daughters uses a booster seat, and that requires a shoulder belt in the rear seat.

Anyway, I have owned several 4x4s over the years, mostly Fords. I just sold my '89 F-250 diesel a month ago, and I started to realize I still needed something with 4x4 and to tow. I thought that the Bronco would be a good compromise. I didn't expect to like the Bronco as much as my trucks, since that is what I was really wanting. I must say after just two days of ownership, I love this thing. It has plenty of room for the Wife, kids, and even the dog. There is adequate power, and parking in any lot is a breeze compared to some of my trucks I have owned.

As I said, I didn't think I would like the Bronco this well. But now I am already thinking of installing a small lift and bigger tires, probably a 4 inch with 33's.

Well, I just wanted to say high, and thanks for all the great info and people on this site. I'm going to try and attach a couple pics of my Bronco; sorry for the poor quality pics, they were just some quick ones so I can see my starting point for after I do some mods.

I plan on removing the running boards as soon as I get a chance.

And the car lot had a sense of humor when it came to the color of the Bronco.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I live in Southern Oregon, in a town called Medford. I'm not sure if there are still places to wheel around here or not. It's been years since I have done any off-roading (and that was mostly when I was younger, and went with friends that had 4x4's), but this Bronco has got me thinking about getting into it, that is if there are still places to go in my area.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
[....]
As I said, I didn't think I would like the Bronco this well. But now I am already thinking of installing a small lift and bigger tires, probably a 4 inch with 33's.
[....]
and so it begins... :rofl:
Thanks. I live in Southern Oregon, in a town called Medford. I'm not sure if there are still places to wheel around here or not. It's been years since I have done any off-roading (and that was mostly when I was younger, and went with friends that had 4x4's), but this Bronco has got me thinking about getting into it, that is if there are still places to go in my area.
My oldest and best friend lives in Medford, and he's way into offroading. Yeah, there's plenty of fun to be found in the mountains around there.

·
Support by becoming a
1,314 Posts
Good looking Bornco and

:thumbup Welcome to the land of FSB. :beer

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the welcomes.

Funny thing happened. My wife has finally had a chance to drive the Bronco a few times, and now she loves the thing. She has a decent car, A 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI, but now she wants to take the Bronco everywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts