Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Tim, but I generally go by Pops.

I stumbled into the world (cult? :thumbup) of Broncos back in February when I started looking for a truck for my son and I. At first I was looking for a pickup, but his friend had a '90 he kept wanting me to look at. While I was waiting for him to get it down here, I started researching these Broncos. I've always been a Ford guy at heart, and I've always wanted a project car, so I started looking for a Bronco. Anyway, long story short, his friend's didn't pan out, which is probably a good thing. After some (im)patient searching I found our '89.

It has some issues but they are mostly mechanical. It sat up for quite awhile. The last inspection was in '03. The body is pretty clean. There is one small-ish rust bubble spot on the left quarter panel, and a crack in one rain gutter. The driver door has been knocked slightly out of alignment, and there's a couple of waves in the passenger side. Right now I'm working through a no-start condition using Haynes and this site as guides. It's a learn as I go thing. It runs pretty well if I use starting fluid and let it warm up.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Our plan is to make it a daily driver with light off-roading. We won't be crawling over rocks or climbing hills. Off-road here in SE Texas is gumbo mud. I'd like to keep it stock, maybe beef it up a bit. I'll probably have to fight my son on that one though, lol. This will be fun for my son and I.

Here's a quick shot after we got it home:

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,092 Posts
Pops!! Welcome to our home :thumbup

That looks like a nice clean truck!! You and your son will have lots of bonding time with that!! My kids absolutely love my rust bucket. They would much rather ride in the Bronco than the Fusion.

Lots of info here and an awesome community at that!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both for the welcome.

Pops!! Welcome to our home :thumbup

That looks like a nice clean truck!! You and your son will have lots of bonding time with that!! My kids absolutely love my rust bucket. They would much rather ride in the Bronco than the Fusion.

Lots of info here and an awesome community at that!!
It's pretty clean. I'm looking forward to working with my son on it. Agreed, there's a boatload of info here. I've been scouring it for a couple months. I chuckled when you mentioned your Fusion ... that's Mom's ride also.

Welcome to FSB. Looks like a nice BKO there. You're not to far from the greater Houston area. :beer
Yep, I'm on the other side of Houston from you. We're about halfway between Houston and Beaumont.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts