Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would step out of the shadows and say hello. I've owned a long list of Fords, mostly hot rods, and now finally entering the world of 4x4 fun :)

Picked up my '96 XLT Bronco about a month ago and have to say it is definatley turning out to be the most fun vehicle I've had in a long time. My younger brother had an '89 many years ago, and I've wanted one since. Finally got burned out with drag racing and decided to hit the trails!

'96 XLT, 5.8, light metallic blue (portofino blue?) exterior, grey leather interior, 82,xxx miles, warn manual hubs, 33x12.5x15 BFG MT, aftermarket wheels, gibson cat back, K&N, ProComp 4" lift w/ tubular drop arms and add-a-leaf, ProComp shocks front and back, ....and a long list of "to-dos" ;)

It's actually been repainted and seems to have a little more metallic in it than original. Perhaps even a little pearl. You can't tell in pics. It just looks different at different angles, sometimes darker blue, sometimes almost silver, and sometimes even looks like it has a little purple tint. It's subtle, but kinda sets it apart.

Here are a few pics. Not too many great action pics yet....BTW, the Westin bars are off now. Sliders go on soon :chili:

More pics....
First time I saw it
Posing on some dirt
Barnwell trip to break it in

--Paul

oldwestracing.com -- Home of the East Texas Street Scene

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MarcoPolo said:
Hey Paul, nice truck! Where is Barnwell?
Barnwell is about 5 miles north of Gilmer on hwy 155.

See here: http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/ under "Off-Road-Areas"

Nice range of easy to very difficult trails.

TMTC is in the process of getting one going in Crockett County. A little closer down your way :)

·
Traveling FSB'er
1,099 Posts
Nice Rig!!! Welcome......... Another member from TX!!!:thumbup :thumbup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts