Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll :thumbup I'm in the process of buying the '78 Bronco in my sig from a friend of mine for $600. He origionally bought it for the 460 thats in it. He was going to put it in his '78 F150 and then ditch whatever was left of the Bronco chassis. But, I guess he gave up on that and decided to sell it. The engine has been gone through...but we have no idea what has been done to it. A few of the rockers need to be tightened.

I plan on building an off-road truck in the near future, and was going to convert my '97 F150 into a solid axle with 1-tons and 38"-42" TSL's. But, I think I'll turn the Bronco into the project truck. I already have the Dana 80 for the rear, so all I need is the D60, NP435, a welder, and some leaf springs (I'm going to convert the front to leafs).

I hope to learn a lot here, and will have plenty of questions when the time comes around to tearing into it :beer

See ya'll around the boards!

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Welcome to FSB..!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Welcome....:thumbup

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey hey...I'm in Roanoke on a regular basis...but only for work. You gonna do the work yourself?

Yup...I hope to complete it sometime next summer. I think I'll just slap some 35's on it, weld the diffs, and cut the fenders out a little until I get the money for the lift, tires/wheels, and front axle, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts