Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just purchased a 1992 Bronco yesterday. I picked it up for $1500. It has a 5.0 engine and about 135k miles. This is my second Bronco. I had an '85 about tens years. It has a few things that need attention, but nothing major that I have found. These are the first things to fix: pass side window motor needs replaced, back window is a little crunchy going up and down, the blinkers like to speed up, and the tach is not working properly. Paint is peeling a little on the hood and apron below the grill. After work today I will investigate a little further and this weekend sand the hood and spray some epoxy primer. Other than peeling paint the body is in great shape. I haven't found any rust other than a couple really small bubbles in a few spots. Underside is nice and clean. I actually know the original owner who had it for most of it's life. When I saw it for sale for $1500 I had to jump on it. I am currently doing body work on a 1973 Datsun 240z and hope to get it painted by the end of June and then I will concentrate a little more on the Bronco and spiff up the paint a little. I am going to keep it semi-original for the time being. I lifted my '85 and it was a lot of fun, but not sure if that is in the future for this Bronco or not.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Welcome to FSB ~ :thumbup

Help sources:

FSB ~ "search" above has tons of first hand info from all of us here on How To, Mods etc.....

Haynes Repair Manual ~ ASAP.....

www.fordfuelinjection.com ~ FREE fault code numbers and code explanations for vehicle trouble diagnosis, best retirved with either the OBD-1 or OBD-2 Ford Code Reader with diagnostic book, costs around $29.99 at O'Reillys and best way to go IMO, however there is a "pulsing technique" for retriving codes but I think it's PITA....your call..

www.broncolinks.com more info then you'll ever need on tech and How To..

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts