Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Bronco Addict.

It started oh so harmlessly about a year ago. A family member came to me about giving a nice, well Ok - sorta nice, '91 Bronco a good home. She need a few repairs and all but I said OK.

When she came home, I gave some some tender loving care as she told me what she needed. I gave her a new heart, some new shoes, and cleaned her up real good. She was my trusting friend who (almost) never let me down. Sadly, almost ten weeks ago it happened. :cry While driving down the road she began to self destruct. It seemed that she devloped a blockage in her heart that froze her up real good with no warning. I was so distraught, I rushed her to the shop of a trusted friend seeing that i couldn't stand to work on her myself. It was just to painful. That's when he gave me the bad news, she had hydrolocked! :shocked

Now after all the surgeries she has undergone, she is supoosed to be coming home tomorrow. I am so looking forward to the moment when we can go places together and I can tell her about the new home I have found and all the nice people I have met!

Thank you guys (and gals) for allowing me to get this off my chest. :D

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Sorry to hear it man, I was without mine for 2 and half months on a "heart" transplant. Best feeling in the world was driving it for the first time again!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This Place (FSB) has become seriously addictive. I work on a computer all day and I usually always have FSB open. About once a hour I click refresh and look at all of the new posts.

I was talking with my wife last night about going down to the Dixie Chapter M & G. She just looked at me shaking her head. She was mumbling something about me "losing it".

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who do I have to thank for the av? That's my baby... My kids flipped when I got that shirt. They all want one... all 7 of them.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Stepbyrd said:
This Place (FSB) has become seriously addictive. I work on a computer all day and I usually always have FSB open. About once a hour I click refresh and look at all of the new posts.

I was talking with my wife last night about going down to the Dixie Chapter M & G. She just looked at me shaking her head. She was mumbling something about me "losing it".
]

You too ?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Stepbyrd said:
Who do I have to thank for the av? That's my baby... My kids flipped when I got that shirt. They all want one... all 7 of them.
:shocked

Somebody must be Catholic...or have no rythm :thumbup

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not Catholic.....just the hazards of being a Foster Parent. :D

1 - 1yr old
1 - 2yr old
2 - 9yr olds
2 - 17yr olds
1 - 18 yr old

One of those is my biological Daughter. I forget which one though. With that many kids, I sometimes wonder if I have lost my mind.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Stepbyrd said:
Not Catholic.....just the hazards of being a Foster Parent. :D

1 - 1yr old
1 - 2yr old
2 - 9yr olds
2 - 17yr olds
1 - 18 yr old

One of those is my biological Daughter. I forget which one though. With that many kids, I sometimes wonder if I have lost my mind.

God Bless You. I have two and I know I've lost my mind.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Stepbyrd said:
Not Catholic.....just the hazards of being a Foster Parent
Cool---Wife's been naggin me to check into that, I got some friends that have a brother and sister combo right now, but they've had pure [email protected] with those two..........Their on a first name basis with the sheriff, the principal and fire dept.(one likes fire alot).......Kinda makes me wonder what we might end up with....Fog

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Good to know it's coming out ok.. Mine got a new and improved heart last winter and a new pair of shoes.. now she'll be going under the knife for a birth defect and getting a real set of feet to walk on:thumbup

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Foghorn said:
Cool---Wife's been naggin me to check into that, I got some friends that have a brother and sister combo right now, but they've had pure [email protected] with those two..........Their on a first name basis with the sheriff, the principal and fire dept.(one likes fire alot).......Kinda makes me wonder what we might end up with....Fog
I'm not going to lie and say it has all been a bed of Roses, but it has been very rewarding.

A lot of these kids have never had a loving home. Some of the stories that we hear from them, would just break your heart. The rewards come when they tell you that they love you and you know that they mean it.

The Av that Raf was so nice to make for me is our youngest. We got her when she was less than two weeks old. She turns one year old in a few weeks. She's my baby and she is also a miracle. She has a deformaty of some sort of her right leg. The Docs said she wouldn't be able to walk without surgery and therapy. Boy did she prove them wrong on that one. She is up to 7 or 8 steps at a time now and doing more each week. We thank God for that one each and every day.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Foghorn said:
Do it, you won't regret it. My wife and I did it, and for every bad moment there are 10(or more) good ones.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Stepbyrd said:

You gotta come to it. We are going to have a blast and it would be really kewl to meet you! I'm in awe of how much you are doing for those kids! You da man! Hope you come, we would all love to meet you (and the family if they can come).:thumbup

PS I know what you mean, I sit a a desk all day, and FSB is open all day long!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SMOOTH said:
You gotta come to it. We are going to have a blast and it would be really kewl to meet you! I'm in awe of how much you are doing for those kids! You da man! Hope you come, we would all love to meet you (and the family if they can come).:thumbup

PS I know what you mean, I sit a a desk all day, and FSB is open all day long!
I'm really hoping too. Two of my kids have Birthdays during the week prior to the M&G, so I either have one or two Birthday parties that day (Wife can't decide if she wants to do them together or not). I am only about 2 hours away so I may be late but hopefully I can get down there.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
We've got an appointment next month w/the DHS folks about it.....I really am going to give it some serious thought. I guess my real problem with it is not the "little Hellions" aspect of it, It's more like I'm gonna get attached and have to give back kinda thing.......

Hey stepbyrd, You preacher or what?? Just curious really, I'm PK myself...Fog

1 - 20 of 35 Posts