Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Dan. I met Sean at the kwicky Mart in Citrus Heights yesterday and he told me about this great site. My wife and I are looking forward to getting to know some other FSB people in the Sacramento / Citrus Heights area and doing some off roading!

I have a 1984 with the 6cyl 4 spd, 4.56 gears, cut, 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, rock crawler rims, roll bars, thumb throttle, lectric line lock brake, Reg'd in Susanville (eliminates the every 2 year smog requirement - only required when changing owners:rebelflag), winch, oilpan rock guard (learned the hard way), locomotive seats, 1/2 doors.....flat black.....carwash in a rattle-can! People tell me it looks like a madmax Bronco.

Current projects.....rocksliders,building cup holders into the half doors, making soft upper halves for the 1/2 doors (winter is coming), making "soft" snap in windows for the sides of the shell. I've gotten to the point where I no longer remove the top....its a real pain in the ass...instead I pop out the side windows....and leave the back window down...I just gotta find a hobbyist upholstery guy to help out with the project...Also working on a better hand throttle / hand braking sytem to attach to the gearshift as I have impending right knee surgery coming up with a 6-10 week time frame for being able to drive....F-that! I think I will be making a custom gear shift handle with a motorcycle throttle and brake lever set up....the left leg is ok so the clutch won't be a problem.

Current mechanical issues....the distributor hold down bolt is cross threaded and leaks oil...break out the tap & die set....need to rebuild the transfer case...need to change front pinion seal....fix electrical heartbeat...wiper motor (again, winter is coming I've relied on rainx for past 2 years)...

Anyways, if your in the area, say hi...

Dan

·
No prepuce on my -
1,168 Posts
Welcome... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts