Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently found this site. I've read a lot of great threads here and am looking forward to getting to know you.

Here are some pics of my last trip before the snow started falling.

These were taken on a series of trails between Silverton and Lake City, CO. I am just becoming more aware of the huge number of trails within an hour of my house.

My Bronco does well in stock form, but I'd like to try some more challenging terrain. I'm probably going to lift it while I have time this winter. What "moderate" lift should I get that would still be a good compromise between street drivability and off-road performance?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
looks good.

A 4" lift would work good

·
Registered
240 Posts
welcome to FSB, i always enjoy pics from everybody, yours too [thanks]

i agree with JD on the 4in lift, agood starting point with a TTB bronco and allowing the use of bigger tires.

i also have a 1996 bronk running on 33x12.50s ,no lift was needed ,only trimming of front bumper only. i like this look and stance , it also drives well at highway speeds and does well off road.

i would recomend looking into manural locking hubs over the autos,my autos have started giving touble .

lookingforward to more co. and bronk pics and your lift

nc mack man
:rebelflag

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has 72K on the clock. I take very good care of it and am only the second owner. I paid $7500 for it about 3 years ago. I'm looking forward to getting some good ideas here so that I can really make it look good.

... Yup, I just replaced the hubs a few months ago.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Hey man, good to see another Colorado FSB member join up. The Mountain States Chapter of FSB is the best of course. Especially the Colorado group. We frequently plan get togethers. We have had two meet and greets in the past 3 months.

Sweet pics and nice looking bronco! Stock broncos are definitely pretty capable, especially with good spotting and knowledge of the hobby. When I get my lift on my 96, I will be going with a 4 inch, and 35's. I think this is the best option for street use and some wheeling. You have all kinds of options for what brand of lift you can use. A popular one here is Rough Country lifts. But do some searching on the subject and you will find all kinds of info.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Also, how was that trail you did? Was it pretty rough for a stock bronco? You suffer any damage to your bronco? I am always looking for new trails. I like somewhat easier trails with good views. That one looks sweet...especially with that creek crossing.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
looks nice man, welcome to fsb. good pics.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, how was that trail you did? Was it pretty rough for a stock bronco? You suffer any damage to your bronco? I am always looking for new trails. I like somewhat easier trails with good views. That one looks sweet...especially with that creek crossing.
The trail is rated as "Moderate" with a couple of more difficult stretches and steep ascent / descent switchbacks. There is some pretty deep water to cross in spots too. With good tire placement I never even scrape or drag a bumper. I really love this drive because it's a loop. Cinnamon pass takes you from Silverton to Lake City. Then you take Engineer pass back to Silverton. There are lots of waterfalls and spots to stop and fish. Plus you never have to see the same terrian on the trip. The views are spectacular. There are also smaller trails of every skill level that branch off and go to other mountain tops and overlooks. I'd really like to be able to take the bronk on those trails too sometime.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey man, good to see another Colorado FSB member join up. The Mountain States Chapter of FSB is the best of course. Especially the Colorado group. We frequently plan get togethers. We have had two meet and greets in the past 3 months.
I just noticed you're from Greeley. I grew up there and most of my friends and family still live there. I moved to Durango for college and never came home. Small world....

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I just noticed you're from Greeley. I grew up there and most of my friends and family still live there. I moved to Durango for college and never came home. Small world....
Yeah, that is pretty cool. I grew up in Broomfield, Colorado and then moved to Greeley for College. My parents also moved up here, so Greeley is home to me now. I have 3 semesters left, and then I am finally done. After that, I will be moving back to the denver metro area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts