Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my PFC and bought a 88 Bronco, and the only problem standing I'n my way and getting it stickerd. Is the fact that I can't figure out why it will turn and turn and turn, but not start. But when I hit it with starting flouid it will start right up.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
check your fuel pressure

·
Registered
57 Posts
start by making sure your pump is turning on when you turn the key to the on position (no go. check your fuses and pump relay), if thats working, check your fuel pressure. start there and post your findings

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will stay running after I give it 2 sprays with starter flouid but it just won't start on it's own. The pump turns on and everything works right cuz I had it running for 2 hours a bit ago but I tried to start it again and it just turns and turns

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
It will stay running after I give it 2 sprays with starter flouid but it just won't start on it's own. The pump turns on and everything works right cuz I had it running for 2 hours a bit ago but I tried to start it again and it just turns and turns
Could be your fuel pressure regulator. I would put a guage on the fuel rail and see if you have pressure. Mine is about 38 psi there when cranking.

Glayd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I noticed that the map sensor was unplugged. But when I plug it in it Boggs my engine. The engine still stayed running but at lower rpm and it kinda sounds like it's got a miss in it. And when I unplug it,it picks up rpm but it runs better. I'm very unsure of what that means.

·
Registered
80 Posts
man, this issue is a nightmare for me. i had what sounds like so far, the same issue with a 92 5.0 mustang. did all sorts of crap to it. (advice from friends/family/forums) would only fire up and run if i sprayed starter fluid in the TB. tried changing out 2 relays, a dif. distributor, reset the timing. finally sent it out to ford dealership and $600 later got it running, but crappy, they claimed was a bad ECU and now the timing needed to be set, i set the timing and it didnt fire. she sat for fall & winter. as soon as spring hit, i got the idea to swap out the coil from someone on a forum, and that did the trick CRAZY! i dont know what your issue will turn out to be but i wish you the best of luck and patience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok since I had time to think about it my ARMY Tranning started to kick in and my brain was telling me something seems to be happing the same way as before. But I haven't ever had a bronco before. But I had a f150 that did kinda the same thing. Only I tryed to read the spark plug wire digram upside down and thaught I was highspeed but I muffed it all up so my f150 wouldn't start and I was getting mad cuz I had it running before I changed the plugs so I got a computer reader from Autozone and it said that this little box that a hose runs in to was bad so I took it I'n to advanced and my buddy said it was my map sensor. So what brings that up is that my fireing order might have been off but I remember that when I used starter flouid it would hit 2 or three times then not start so if my firing order was off and it still tryed to start than if my firing order was on it might have started. So maybe if I change the map sensor I can get the bronco going again. I'll keep you posted on my situation. But I'm trying everything you guys are telling me too and I appreate the help and advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so I changed the map sensor and it was bad but still dosent start so back to square 1 oh and I found my rear engine seal is bad oil just leaks out I put 2 quirts in and it's leaked out about an half a quirt or maybe it's not seated in right. Well I've got some work ahead of me either way

1 - 11 of 11 Posts