Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 91 Bronco has very rusty brake lines underneath...
I kinked my brake line when trying to get the drivers side hose off. :banghead Now I am looking for new lines and nobody carries them; not even Ford! So am I SOL on trying to be lazy and buy them?:doh0715: I really dont want to bend and flair all new brake lines for it.
I saw that Bronco Graveyard has a line set for 87 Broncos and 93 Broncos, but none for 88-92. Will one of them work for my 91 Bronco? If I were a betting man I would say the 87 set will work for mine. So my real question is will the 87 or 93 brake line set work to replace the brake lines on my 91????

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
just spend the $5 on a piece of brakeline that's pre-flared with the fittings. Bend to suit and you're ready to roll.

Justin

·
Registered
897 Posts
Ditto. Ya, it can be a pain bending them, [I just did mine] but get the preflaired ones, and have at it. Its a good skill to learn.

·
Forward Some Money
5,061 Posts
If one is rusty, so are the rest. Just a matter of time in the saltbelt. Your personal info doesnt have your location, so it's a guess. I would sping for the whole set of SS ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, they are all rusty. I would like to put in all new lines, but I cant find them anywhere. I am from Wichita, Ks, but the Bronco came from St. Louis, Mo. I will build my profile and post some pics of my Bronco soon.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
All parts stores sell different lengths of steel line that you can bend to recreate your brake line. Just make sure to get one with the right sized fittings on each end. It really isn't hard, get a tube bender if you're worried about kinking the bends. Only like $10.

·
Forward Some Money
5,061 Posts
Thanks j. r. Nice,

But this brings me back to my original question. Will the brake line set from an 87 Bronco or a 93 Bronco fit my 91 Bronco?? The catalog just sells the set for 87 and 93. SURELY one of them fits mine, right?

Thanks for your help.
If I were to guess, I would say the 87 would be a closer match. I'm not sure (I have an 89) but think the 93 would have a more elaborate ABS. The 87 may be like the 89 with only rear wheel. Even if it doesnt, the ABS solenoid would be easily bypassed.

I had mine made off the originals at Right Stuff Detailing. They reproduced them all in stainless. I'm not sure if they made templates off them. I had them make ALL my fluid lines in stainless. Great job.
http://www.rightstuffdetailing.com/about_us.htm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gave up on trying to find a complete set and bought a couple straight lines, a bender, and a double flairing tool. It wasnt that hard to make good lines. Just be sure to take your time and do it right the first time. Total cost for the front brake lines and the tools was about $40. Thanks for your help all!:thumbup
Luke

·
Registered
562 Posts
That is a much better way to go IMO.

I'd much rather do it myself than pay for someone else's work.

Now you have the tools to do someone else's too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts