Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to this forum..
just bought a 91 bronco/351W/Silver Edition....
it is in great condition but the other day i was trying out the 4x4 and it went on good but.. when i tried to turn it off it wouldnt turn off.. i would put it in Neutral and then press the low range and 4x4 buttons but the light would not turn off.. i also just tried driving in reverse but no luck.. i tried disconnecting the motor from the t-case and also the battery cable to see if it would reset it self.. but no luck.. so i took it to an electrician and he told me that it was the t-case.. what do you all think??Does that sound acurate? This is my first bronco so i am not familiar with any tech problems... Thanks in advance.. any input is appreciated.. If it is the t-case anyone know where i can get one? cheap.....thanks email me at [email protected]

Tony....

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
In his defense someone in the other forum told him to post it here too. No need to do that 67 it will get seen by the same people where ever you post it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
instead of yellin at you i figure i could offer up some advice on this one. From what i gathered you have the wonderful push button 4x4 (shift on the fly or some shit it think its called.) When this happened to me, i took the relay (or solionid or servo thing), well whatever its called on the T-case and was able to manually turn the transfer case to 2wd by hand. I went to the junkie and got a new one installed it and it worked fine. Depending on what T case you have there might be a spot in the back of it if you crawl underneith there that you can shove a 1/2" extension into to turn it. But worst comes to worst you can always just pull the drive shaft and drive the truck somewhere to have it fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts