Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay everytime I go out wheeling I brake the passenger side axle or hub any ideas I just want to ride it threw a whole dau its always the first to brake and it sucks its been renamed achy brakey help me figure out what I habe to do to figure out whats going on. Please.:whiteflag:cry

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
wow, so much information. Maybe you should learn to drive better?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry jopes lock it in goes fine until you give it any kind of throttle. I have replaced all the axles hubs u joints everything. I just dont know what to do at this point. Took in to shop to make sure front end and rear is same gear in both and they are. As soon as you give it any throttle youear a binding like sound and then its done. Had it on the rack at the shop engaged it and all went smoothly so I dont know.

351W c-6, np435 tcase, 488 gears lifted on 39.5 Boggers

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
you have not given any information on wtf your running. no one can help without it.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
I think he is running an '84 bronco that he calls the beast, 351W, c-6 transmission, 4:88 gears and some of them 39.5" boggertires.... probably lifted it too-

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I think he is running an '84 bronco that he calls the beast, 351W, c-6 transmission, 4:88 gears and some of them 39.5" boggertires.... probably lifted it too-
if'n thats the case then he will always be breaking shafts and hubs. :duh

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Cause the breaking (nuclear holocaust size epic fail might be abetter description) point of stock is 37.. at the max, 35 is a comfort zone.

D44's just aren't as bullet proof as they could be.

9" however are, so as long as that is his ass diff, he is good, can't remember the switch over year, but an 84 would be right int he grey area of my Coors fogged mind.

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
**39.5"** Boggers bring the hurt big time for hubs and axles. Pretty much anything above 35's starts to push it but with 488's & 39.5's you're a canidate for a SAS D44 or D60 for sure man! Is it just the outers or inner too. If inner do the D50 stub shaft if outer pony up for some Chromolys....those tires are just huge man :goodfinge-Kevin-:thumbup

·
Registered
496 Posts
Cause the breaking (nuclear holocaust size epic fail might be abetter description) point of stock is 37.. at the max, 35 is a comfort zone.

D44's just aren't as bullet proof as they could be.

9" however are, so as long as that is his ass diff, he is good, can't remember the switch over year, but an 84 would be right int he grey area of my Coors fogged mind.
**39.5"** Boggers bring the hurt big time for hubs and axles. Pretty much anything above 35's starts to push it but with 488's & 39.5's you're a canidate for a SAS D44 or D60 for sure man! Is it just the outers or inner too. If inner do the D50 stub shaft if outer pony up for some Chromolys....those tires are just huge man :goodfinge-Kevin-:thumbup

hmm interesting. i've been breaking axle shafts left and right with my beastly P265s :rofl:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Validating something I read on pirate regarding a 44. One of the posters ina thread I was reading seemed to think the breaking point of a D44 if you were going to wheel it hard (we were referencing FSJ Waggy 44's) was a 31 or 32" tire... which would be what you run,.

The crazy inbred hick that owned Clyde my Centurion before I got him, yanked his factory placed HP 60, and stuffed a HP44 under it... I'da liked to ring that sumbitches neck.

I owned an XJ for 10 seconds of my life, and was looking at upgrading....

Then we sold it, and bought a Bronco, and haven't looked back..

[email protected] XJ's.... No offense to an XJ lubbers (Custom....)

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
haha well I guess if you lay your right foot into a set of 31's it's no doubt you could break those too......kinda the reason I'm moving to 1-tons!

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
Hey man you keep posting a second before me Clydesdale....haha Later!

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
If a person is not an idiot with the skinny pedal you can make 40" boggers and a Dana 44 last for a long long time.. Heck my ex wife who is horrid on knowing how to wheel smart didn't break anything with wheeling 40's on a dana 44.

To the OP:

Is everything straight and nothing bent? The axle may be binding up on the suspension or the knuckle. :shrug

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cant even wheel I make it about fifty feet and my Passenger tire locks up solid I unlock the hubs and free spins just fine. I have replaced the rear with a nine in so its ok i just need to figure out whats going on with the passenger side and transfer case high range does nothing at all my dad says that I need to get rid of the 435 and go with a different one any suggestions?

Thanks all for suggestions
I miss my 78 that thing was bullet proof

1 - 16 of 16 Posts