Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy in the last few months I've added a few pounds. Just in the middle...(it comes with age I s'pose). Anyway, does anyone know whats the best way to burn that excess fat? (an ab specific excercise) I'm asking an honest question, but expecting my fair share of ribbing, cause someone out there will post the info and I'll weed through the rest. Sit ups don't work, it just makes me have a rock hard gut. Sit ups can give you a "six pack" but I need to burn off the layer of fat around my abs so the muscle shows.....thanks for the help...

K

·
0 Posts
Blaze said:
Sit ups can give you a "six pack" but I need to burn off the layer of fat around my abs so the muscle shows.....thanks for the help...
:lolup
i've been watching tv lately, and i've seen this one commercial about this ONE bottle of pills which is like 153 bucks or something, but they "SAY" its serious, and only for those who need to drop some POUNDS! this is pointless cause i dont know what its called, but maybe you'll se it around, but for 150 or so dollars, go run yer fat-ass around the block a few times a day and quit drinkin so much damn beer! :thumbup

haha, jk :goodfinge

K

·
0 Posts
haha, NO... im a skinny phucker ;) well, not doggin on the moms or anything, but she has dropped quite a few actually from drinkin those nasty-ass slim fast drinks - they DO work! just gota give it time, maybe chase it with a bud or somethin! hmm, what else.... oh, there is this crap called metabolife, and works wonders on the right applications :shrug just my .02 though... - kenny

·
Registered
769 Posts
walk a mile for every chevy you see:goodfinge ....thats alot of walking cause you see one in every yard on every block rotting away..lmao

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Running or even a steady schedule of walking...

Think twice before downing the 5th helping, or grabbing the desserts.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,207 Posts
Those guys all hit the nail on the head Shane, you have to run at least 3 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes, or at least long enough to elevate your heart rate to its maximum rate, in order to sustain fat burning. Eating and diet is important to, but that cardio is key man, I hear people all the time say how they can't figure out why they can't lose weight when they don't eat anything..It's because they don't freakin' exercise. Beer and booze are just gut growers, they pack on empty calories. Another thing to keep in mind is to try not to eat anything less than 3 hours before you go to sleep, this is when your metabolism begins to slow down and that ice cream you just ate will just settle in around your waist.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Might try this place, But it appears to have some side effects.........................

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
jermil01 said:
I hear people all the time say how they can't figure out why they can't lose weight when they don't eat anything..It's because they don't freakin' exercise.

Yeah and when you don't eat, your body doesn't know when it might get food again so it stores what little bit you DO eat.

Anybody here know anything about the Atkin's Diet? I've heard alot of good things about it, but I'm totally the wrong person to talk to about diet because I survive on chicken nuggets and apples. Everything else is off limits. :cry

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BucKinBroNcO said:
walk a mile for every chevy you see:goodfinge ....thats alot of walking cause you see one in every yard on every block rotting away..lmao
Ya can't blame Chevy for that...hell, they tell the buyer right there in the comercial that Chevy is "Like a rock"...it's not Chevy's fault some people are to dumb to know it means, it's like a rock cause it just sits in the yard and doesn't move untill you pull it around.... :toothless

Thanks guys, I know I gotta get some kinda cardio going...I don't wanna lose to much wieght every where else though. So that brings me back to the original question...what exercise will target the fat in the middle?? Someone told me to take a broom handle and do "helicopters" with it.... and I've heard jumping rope works well. I'm just mainly looking to target my mid section....

·
Registered
589 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
Anybody here know anything about the Atkin's Diet? I've heard alot of good things about it, but I'm totally the wrong person to talk to about diet because I survive on chicken nuggets and apples. Everything else is off limits. :cry

i tried that for about three months, went from 240 to 198(for a day) but settled at 205. so 35 lbs in 3months, with the diet and a lot of bike riding everyday(more for fun then excersise). but the problem is once you go off the diet weight comes back fast.

on the other had i have a fried whose been doin that carb blocker pill you can buy over the counter, and hes dropped 30 lbs in three months with no noticable side affects yet. he works construction and other than that he basicly sits around, and hes droppin lbs like flies... but im not 100% sold on the pill idea.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
check this out man. since ive been doing the same for a while *football baby*

anyhow, you are gooing to want to do a weight routine and a cardio routine. usually about 10 minutes cardio to warm up, then you work one section of your body a day (like my routine is: monday- legs, tues-shoulders/arms, wensday chest/abs, thursday-back, Friday is a good once over of everything, saturday I do jsut a cardio workout, sunday is a break to let your body heal. then start all over again.) The best cardio so far is when you first warm up, ride the bike for 10, do your weights, then use an eliptical machine, wich is a VERY low impact, but very effeciet cardio machine and will kick you in the ass.

For weights stay away from press machines when it comes to the legs, specially the smith machine. stick with squats.

Squats are awesome for almost your entire body. they work mainly your legs but also hit all those stabilizing muscles like the lower abs and the back. Also if you arent quite up to doing squats yet, start out by crossing your arms over your chest holding a 20/25 lbs weight and do lunges. make sure to take a count of 10 on each lunge, or else your momentum will be doing the work and not you.

Sprints are also awesome. fast walk, sprint for 20 seconds, fast walk, catch your breath, sprint again. do that a few times and youll see a lot of gain just besure to keep your heart rate up.

Jsut be sure you do a weight/cardio routine. the muscles burns the fat faster, plus once you shed the fat youll have a body that will do uhhh...your wife wonders ;) it helps a lot in that area too.

PS. forgot this one. For situp/abs. if you can do more than 20 you are doing it wrong. once again make sure you go slow with em. other wise you start rocking back and forth and it's your legs/momentum doing the work. flat on your back count to five and you should end up where you wanna be. Also try holding a weight across your chest. youd be surprised what even 5 lbs can do in the difficulty.

With crunches, at the peak stop and hold for a count of ten, then slowly come back down. that will get ya going and you'll deffinatley know theya re working.

With any exercize jsut make sure you go slow and dont let the weights/momentum do the work for you. Otherwise you wont see any gains.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Great Abs start in the kitchen, not the gym! It's simple decrease intake, increase activiy, you will burn more fuel than supplied and hence you will lose weight...it's the only way!

Although I have heard numerous people who have lost weight on Atkins (although I don't reccomend loading up on fat to not eat carbs)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Let's see.......I've lost 15 pounds in just over a month.....all I've done differently is.....
walk 3 miles a day after work (good for the dog as well), eat salads, light yogurt, granola bars, bananas, LOTS of water, lift some weights (when I remember) and LOTS of sex.........

:beer

35 more pounds to go!! :thumbup Thank goodness I'm tall! :toothless

1 - 20 of 57 Posts