Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if you guys wanted to do something for beast? he is going haed first into rough times and i though we may be able to help a bit financially. Im not going to say what it is, but those of you that know, can atest that is serious stuff. If you guys want to help let me know and lets see what we can do

thanks

ken

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,005 Posts
I assume you are referring to 93beast?
I'm in with a bump. :beer

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i want to get everyones opinion on it. take up a collection. i will have some loot this friday for him. in anyone else wants to chip in that would be cool

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,005 Posts
You should probably set up a Paypal account like we did with Pepe'.
Makes it easier for folks to donate.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well here is the story he said it was alright to post it here. There is more to it but the one who can see it know about it and it is a fawked up situation. we should be able to all come together and help him out

Please keep this in the members forum!

As many of you know, I will be getting out of the military in 15 days after 10 years of service. I will be heading up to Rochester, NY on the 23rd of January. I sincerely wish I could put up a few :chili::rockon but to be honest, I simply can't. My family and I are in dire needs of your thoughts and prayers. We had a plan, place to live and a job to go to so everything appeared cherry. However, as life would have it, things have taken a turn for the worse, and we, my wife, kids, and I are staring dead on to the worst case scenario.

My wife's mother had a vacant house in Spencerport, NY (Which is just outside of Rochester) that she agreed to let us live in for $740 a month for as long as we needed to until we could get on our feet and buy our own house or we could opt to purchase that house from her. My pregnant wife and 3 kids moved up there on November 14th. While I stayed back to finish out my tour and get the house packed up and outprocessing completed. My wifes sister, Helene, also lives in Rochester with her daughter, Shaena. OK, so with this, problem #1 is resolved, we have a home to live in when I separate from the military. I also had a job lined up with Autozone. I have been working there part time as a Parts Sales manager here and they promised that they would transfer me to Rochester with a promotion to Store Manager. So problem two is taken care of and we have an income lined up. Everything appears to be good to go and we are stoked :chili:

Hit #1: Then life intervenes and everything starts to fall apart. Three weeks ago, my wife and her mother get in a huge fight and her mother kicks her and the kids out of "her" house. So my wife and kids move in the Helene in their small 2 bedroom apartment. Her mom proceeds to rent out her house, so that it is no longer available. Still no biggie, house is alot smaller but it is only going to be temporary until we can close on a house of our own.

Hit #2: Helene, who works for a nursing home is fired for leaving her Medicine Cart unlocked and some drugs go missing. Her unemployment also gets denied. Now I am supporting myself here, as well as my wife, her sister, my three kids, and her sisters daughter. This was 2 weeks ago.

Hit #3: Tracee is unable to get a job because it is the holidays and noone is really hiring at this time plus the fact that noone wants to hire her fulltime since she is 8 months pregnant and they dont want to have to pay medical or have a new hire our for 2 months right after starting the job. (She was trying to get a job because the mortgage guy stated that we could not afford a house only on my income, [which I knew].

Hit #4: Wifes sister gets an eviction notice if her rent is not paid by the 1st of February (2 months or $1200). At this point, if income tax does not get done before Feb 1 then my family will also be evicted and at that point have nowhere else to go.

Hit #5: I get a call 4 days ago that my Autozone transfer fell through and that there just isnt any positions open and recommended that I get my resume out. At this point, in 15 days we are going to be homeless and jobless. Only thing we have to look forward to is our nicome tax which I should be able to get done at H&R Block before Feb 1.

Hit #6: I get a notice from H&R block yesterday that a large majority of low income tax returns are going to be delayed until February 11th. Can't even be filed until the 11th!!! :banghead:banghead

This is the excerpt from the notice "The upcoming tax season is expected to start on time for everyone except for certain taxpayers potentially affected by late enactment of the Alternative Minimum Tax “patch.” Following extensive work in recent weeks, the IRS expects to be able to begin processing returns for the vast majority of taxpayers in mid-January. However, as many as 13.5 million taxpayers using five forms related to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) legislation will have to wait to file tax returns until the IRS completes the reprogramming of its systems for the new law.

IRS has targeted Feb. 11, as the potential starting date for taxpayers to begin submitting the five-related returns affected by the legislation. The February date allows the IRS enough time to update and test its systems to accommodate the changes without major disruptions to other operations related to the tax season. See IRS News Release 2007-209 and these questions and answers for more information.

Returns that include the following forms cannot be filed until Feb. 11, 2008:

Form 8863, Education Credits
Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits
Schedule 2, Form 1040A, Child and Dependent Care Expenses for Form 1040A Filers
Form 8396, Mortgage Interest Credit
Form 8859, District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit"

Hit #7: Had my initial house inspection from the base yesterday and I have to pay to replace 2 venetian blinds, the carpet in 1 room, I have to have the Entire house professionally steam cleaned and deoderized because I had a cat in the house. (Mind you, we only lived there 10 months and the carpets are emaculate, except for the 1 room where there is a dime sized pink stain on the carpet from nail polish that I couldnt get out.) All of this has to be done BEFORE I move out on the 23rd. I also have to primer the walls with this certain brand of primer Kilzit or something like that even though the house is scheduled for demolition.

So please pray for us, because as of right now, if nothing changes we will be living out of the van and bronco as of Feb 1 until I can get my income tax in to get an apartment. (Which I cant even FILE until Feb 11th.)

Yes, I can get unemployment, but it will only be $1200 a month which will barely pay for the van, insurance, groceries, and credit card bills that we have, which would leave nothing for rent. Going back into the military is not an option. Moving somewhere else other than Rochester is not an option either. I am working on my resume now.

If any of you are in or around Rochester and need an ex-military member with 10 years of experience in IT and posesses a TS/SCI security clearance. Let me know. I need a job. Sorry for the length, I just dont know what I will do. Also, I will no longer have internet or phone as of February 1st so if I dont see you guys for a while. Just pray for us. I will not allow us to be down for long, I will find a way to take care of my family, I just had to vent because I am feeling alittle overwhelmed at this point.

To say that I am worried and afraid is an understatement. I love all you guys and hope to be able to get online again in the near future and tell you that everything is grand but it is not looking good at this point!.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is his paypal addy

[email protected]

if you want to be anonymous here is mine

[email protected]

I will collect and send it to him.

All i know is when our family is going through a tough time we should all jump in and help out. We do it for so many others on here.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,005 Posts
Donation sent with a Bump! :beer

Come on all you current or ex Fly Boys let's help a brother out!:drinkbud

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,005 Posts
C'mon all you veterans let's help out a fellow warrior.
Brothers in Arms :drinkbud

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any money sent to me will be forwarded straight to beast as soon as i see it in my account

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Just wanted to drop in and say that I have received a total of $364 from you guys here. It is helping out tremendously and we are using it very sparingly. So far the donations have paid for 3 nights in a hotel and $100 in groceries. We still have $54 left over (Which will pay for tonights hotel stay) and I will be leaving here in 5 1/2 days.

I want to say Thank you for the deepest depths of my heart and Soul, the generosity from this site for someone you all dont even know, or know barely is tremendous and it is truly helping. My wife and I are extremely grateful for you guys helping us with our situation.

·
Service before Self
138 Posts
$100 more from Me and my family down in the Dixie Chapter with a prayer for you and your family. God bless. Hope it helps some.

Sam

·
Registered
72 Posts
wow just when you think your life sucks you realize that others have it worse sometimes. I am also a disabled vet found out i got a little bit of brain damage, they dont know where it comes from, i was fortunate to have parents i can move in with, i have a wife and a daughter that i am waiting for them to be a part of my life. While i am in no position to send any money at the moment, my prayers go out to him and his family. I too had to deal with the house cleaning and damages, when i didnt have the money.. Beast hang in there it can only get better. Semper Fi and all the other stuff...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i dont have an account but my mom does. I'll see if she can donate and then I can pay her. We are on a tight budget (I think I'm the only one with cash) but I couldnt imagine being in his shoes. I dont even know the guy either. I'll see what I can do

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.