Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner installed an edelbrock carb and manifold. It runs good but idels real high and diesels when I shut it off. Anyone have an idea how to turn this down. i tried adjusting one screw but it appears its only the high idel.:banghead

·
Registered
188 Posts
you can get a helper spring that might cut down or eliminate the dieseling, as for the idle its just the idler screw (hopefully)

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
roushracing6fan said:
The previous owner installed an edelbrock carb and manifold. It runs good but idels real high and diesels when I shut it off. Anyone have an idea how to turn this down. i tried adjusting one screw but it appears its only the high idel.:banghead
what model carb?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Model # will be on the front lower left mounting flange. Look where the nut holds the carb to the manifold, just below it there will be a 4 digit # something like 1406 or 1411. thats the # your looking for.
To adjust the idle look on the right side of the carb there will be a screw head facing you that sits horizontal and if you look close you will see where it contacts the throttle lever. thats the idle speed adjustment. This adj screw will only work when its warmed up, when cold the throttle is held open by the hi idle screw which works with the choke system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts