Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed! At a junkyard trying to find a mass air flow conversion and computer. Can anybody call to help? 770-480-1783

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,483 Posts
what's it going in? If you're putting it in a Bronco with and E4OD you're limited to what EEC you can use, WAY1 or VEX1 will be your best bet. You can find the MAF assembly and tubes on any '93 or up F150 with a 5.0.

Unless you plan to buy Fireguys MAF adapter harness, you're also going to need to grab the injector harness as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok just got back and found a 96 f150 with an auto that has the MAF and computer. I couldn't see what the program code was but it had a calibration sticker on the door pillar. Also i noticed that the firing order was different than mine will that make a difference or does it need repinning? Would this MAF work with a manual tranny? I got my pedals today but couldn't find a five speed in the yard.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
your 92 is obd1, and the 96 is obd2. There are different sensors that 96 eec reads.. I think you're going have to convert to obd2 or find another eec.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,483 Posts
Check out my thread on MAF conversion. I did the same on my '92 should answer all of your questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I was at the junkyard there was a 5 speed I found bolted to a f-250 diesel with a transfer case. It had 2 access plates in the front on either side to get into the tranny. Would this tranny work in a 92 5.0 bronco or is it more work than it is worth. If someone in GA is looking for this tranny I can tell you where it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts