Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my bronco is acting up again ... Here's what it is doing... When driving down the road it acts fine when I come to a stop it kind of lurches and the rpms drop way down sometimes it recovers sometimes it dies .. If I restart it and put it into drive the rpm drop way down and it stalls out it only seems to do thie in drive if I go into reverse it acts fine and if I put it in first it doesn't have any issues either... The problem went away for a few weeks and now its back anyone have any ideas I'm stumped and extrenely frustrated

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't pulled codes today I do got some egr codes nothing new with tranny codes had a tot code but the trans shop that built the e40d replaced the valve body and solenoid pack two weeks ago

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Good fuel pressure? Plugged fuel filter? Air filter in good shape? Is your cat glowing?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Air filter new k-n. fuel filter and fuel pressure I'm unsure of but it seems more like a tranny issue to me. the engine runs and idles good and runs dowh highway fine

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could it be poddible that a faulty vss or bad signal be causing this... Or possibly something in pcm possibly moisture or something similer. Without throwing codes??

·
Registered
12 Posts
My truck is kind of doing the same thing. When it gets warm it starts running rough and then when I turn on the head lights it runs a little rougher and my gauges get all whackedout (battery drops temp and oil press go up allinto the red) but my mechanic told me because the last thing I mentioned he thinks it may be a bad ground of some kind, he didnt actually look just went off what I told him.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cap, rotor, coil, wires, and ill have the new plugs in it tonite but it doesnt seem like a engine issue it runs fine at idle and under load down the highway it nly acts up when coming to a stop.. or when idleing and you put it in drive almost like the torque converter isnt unlocking some times if i power brake it i can get past it stying to lurch foreward and die...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im having the same problem have you figured it out yet, and if any one dose plz post what it is I will do the same

·
Registered
201 Posts
try cleaning ur throttle body with some throttle body cleaner and a tooth brush and the iac motor (idle.air control. motor). might have some build up on the iac motor not letting it adjust properly to throttle commands. did it to mine and it idles nice and smoothly, but i also replaced the air and fuel filter at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts