Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would rock sliders from 80 up bronco fit our 78/79?

it looks like the rocker panel between wheel well to wheel well is shorter and also the frame tapers from the front to back more drastically in 78/79 than in later years.

any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
533 Posts
rock sliders? what? frame tapers? what are you talking about?ya lost me, but i will give a pic of mine

·
Registered
284 Posts
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the frame to body height was different for mounting?

But the wheel base is the same right? So they shouldn't interfere but it sounds like your worried about aesthetics?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the sliders im talkin about are 66" long..it looks like they will jutt out into wheel well openings(bummer)

going to pick them up soon and see for sure

·
Registered
455 Posts
I believe you have to cut a couple inches off the front of the bar, then close up the hole. Then they'll fit. The wheelbases are the same between model years, but the 78/79 has a larger wheel well opening.

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
rock sliders? what? frame tapers? what are you talking about?ya lost me, but i will give a pic of mine
:notworthy
That Is Fuggin Sick Dude :rockon

That has got to be the sharpest Bronk I have seen yet :whiteflag

:notworthy1978custom :goodfinge :rebelflag You da Man!!

You truly Inspire!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe you have to cut a couple inches off the front of the bar, then close up the hole. Then they'll fit. The wheelbases are the same between model years, but the 78/79 has a larger wheel well opening.
thank you that's the kind of info i was looking for..won't be able to pick them up till saturday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts