Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'd like to help Handy_Andy_CV64. He's a great guy and has helped me out COUNTLESS times. He's gone above and beyond the call of duty for many of us and I think this high time we return the favor. For those of you that don't know - recently he helped get a vehicle put together for his niece to have at school. He donated his time and money and being an ASE certified mechanic that's worth a lot. All of this has put him on hard times and I would like to help him out.

I'm asking for any of you that are able to make a donation of any size to help him out. Anything you can spare would make a difference. PM me for details.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in for $50

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,509 Posts
Actually, in all modesty, there are others who deserve any help even more than I do. But, as "pride goeth before the fall," I'm not refusing this help these two (Cameron, 78'460, and David, BroncoRN), have been putting together for me.
So that everyone understands what's going on: late last year, my niece, Sarah, got back into college. She originally left because she had no money to live on, and the small town that the college is located has very few jobs. In order for her to remain in college, she needed a car that would get her out of that town to other places that have more jobs. So since I had a good condition Taurus sedan that just needed some work, I decided to give her the car with the provision she uses it to get a job and stay in school. So far, she hasn't found a job yet, but she's looking, and getting good grades so far. Anyway, in doing this work, I've had to replace all four struts, strut rotators up front, brakes front and rear, inner and outer tie rods, door seals, and the biggest part of the job, replacing the timing cover, cylinder heads, and lower intake due to corrosion; i've replaced the oil pan gasket, rear main seal and oil pressure switch (which is a story unto itself) to stop oil leaks. The cost of replacement parts (cylinder heads, machine work, gasket sets, and timing cover) ate into my extra money in December, and that is what has put me behind originally on my bills. Then, as I was finishing up her car, and had a few hundred left from it, I had a stupid moment of [email protected]$$ery that cost me the last of that extra money (also a story unto itself), so I ended going out-of-pocket to finish the car, to the tune of around $400. So money that was supposed to go to my bills went to finishing her car, and I lost the use of my cellphone, my doctor's office is sending my past due bills to collections, and i'm so short on gas and food that i'm now taking the bus (although I should be doing that anyway). So, yeah, I'm so glad Sarah has her first car, but i've been so stressed lately, work hasn't exactly been easy. I'm always up for helping others, but very thin-skinned about accepting help from others; that's my prideful self, who needs to just chill, and have a brew. If you do choose to help me, I am always thankful and appreciative of what comes my way. I won't place any pressure on anyone, and if you choose not to, I still convey God's blessing upon you for the fact you gave consideration of me. So, thank you, FSB brothers and sisters, for lending me an ear.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we got $65 so far.

Seriously nobody else can help???

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
I'm still in to give 100, I worked all weekend didnt have time for the bank, Tried to get on chat but my shitty internet wouldn't let me. I was just thinking if I should get andy's info and just send the money directly to him?

·
Banned
771 Posts
ok guys read this 1

alright i heard about handy andy and people collecting money to help him out...

this guys helped me more times than i can count with useful info, ill throw him a couple hundred bucks...

who do i mail it to?

:thumbup

·
Banned
771 Posts
i got a buncha extra money sittin in the bank... hes helped me a lot, ill toss in 200 bucks, who can i mail the check to?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,234 Posts
I'm always up for helping others, but very thin-skinned about accepting help from others; that's my prideful self, who needs to just chill, and have a brew.
Not so easy being on the flip side there huh bud?
I just wanted to say that I'm real happy to see some help going to a very deserving member, who's helped me out more than most... giving up his own time and money to come and work on a donated rig for me (aforementioned "Project Stinky"). :thumbup

Thanks Andy and hang tough... this too shall pass, and come again... and pass. ;)

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,509 Posts
Not so easy being on the flip side there huh bud?
I just wanted to say that I'm real happy to see some help going to a very deserving member, who's helped me out more than most... giving up his own time and money to come and work on a donated rig for me (aforementioned "Project Stinky"). :thumbup

Thanks Andy and hang tough... this too shall pass, and come again... and pass. ;)
You're welcome, bud, and I must say, I've been on that 'flip side' more times than I can count. Plus, several times, I've ended up there because of my own damn stupidity.:banghead This time, however, doing the Taurus for my niece, having to see the doctor (as well as all the tests), and dealing with my bills, the limited amount of money only goes so far. And I know you've been there yourself; you've told me as much. So far, no money has actually come my way yet, but I'm patient, and if everything is ironed out before I get it, I'll make sure someone else who needs assistance gets it.

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
You're welcome, bud, and I must say, I've been on that 'flip side' more times than I can count. Plus, several times, I've ended up there because of my own damn stupidity.:banghead This time, however, doing the Taurus for my niece, having to see the doctor (as well as all the tests), and dealing with my bills, the limited amount of money only goes so far. And I know you've been there yourself; you've told me as much. So far, no money has actually come my way yet, but I'm patient, and if everything is ironed out before I get it, I'll make sure someone else who needs assistance gets it.
Sorry Andy, I was trying to get into the bank, Then I saw this bike and really wanted it, Not sure what David has coming for you yet. But ill make sure after I get this bike or if I dont buy it saturday that I send some money your way. :banghead

·
36,234 Posts
check you PM's Andy.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a check in the mail for ya andy :)

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,509 Posts
Thank you very much, David. I think that between this and what Pepe is sending me, I'll have my last two big bills knocked down, so starting next week, when I get my paycheck, I'll have that money to pay my rent and storeroom rent. I do want to say that I truly do appreciate this largesse that I'm receiving, and blessings on those who have contributed. Thank you all.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,006 Posts
I'm in hard times too, but had a little in my paypal that I sent your way. It wasn't much, but every dime helps when your counting pennies. Hang in there Andy. :thumbup

·
36,234 Posts
;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts