Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i cleaned my truck this morning washed down the engine bay.. go to start the truck and it starts right up.. then it stalls. so i start it again... same thing... so the 3rd time i start it and give it gas... it will continue to run untill its at a idle then it dies everytime... whys it stalling at idle after i hosed it down..? please give me some insight casue i gotta getto school tomarrow...

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
you probly got your distributor wet

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Dont play in mud unless you ready to reap the rewards. now you need to drain and change all your fluids like mentioned above. replack your bearings32r, cause there is probably mud in them. clean the bottom and hit all your zerk fittings with grease

·
the bruise
1,401 Posts
Dont play in mud unless you ready to reap the rewards. now you need to drain and change all your fluids like mentioned above. replack your bearings32r, cause there is probably mud in them. clean the bottom and hit all your zerk fittings with grease
am i missing something? when did he say he was in the mud? he blasted his motor with water, why would mud in your diff, cause an erratic idle? you got something wet when you blasted it with water let it dry out, put a fan in your engine bay.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
he washed it because he went mudding, see his other thread in general chit chat

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
You done cracked the dist cap son !

Sixlitre

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
am i missing something? when did he say he was in the mud? he blasted his motor with water, why would mud in your diff, cause an erratic idle? you got something wet when you blasted it with water let it dry out, put a fan in your engine bay.
The advice about changing fluids wasn't neccesarily the solution to the idle problem, but a good general maintainance practice after a trip like his.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts