Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Edition 5.8L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new to me '95 Bronco EB this week, and want to get a jump start on replacing some parts, especially those that are rusted out. Can you guys help this noob identify the following rusted out part under the body (and provide a link for replacement)? The metal tube runs along the inside of the side steps and is connected with several bolts and hangers. As you can see, it is need of replacement. Thanks in advance!

Hood Bumper Automotive tire Automotive design Fender

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, White Dragon! I think I will try the "parts wanted" add idea. I'm in VA, and it looks like that seller is not willing to ship from CA. Did a check online, and it appears factory running board brackets are unobtanium. The one that I did find is asking $500! At least it's good to know it's not super urgent, since the running boards rarely get used anyway.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,665 Posts
Thanks, White Dragon! I think I will try the "parts wanted" add idea. I'm in VA, and it looks like that seller is not willing to ship from CA. Did a check online, and it appears factory running board brackets are unobtanium. The one that I did find is asking $500! At least it's good to know it's not super urgent, since the running boards rarely get used anyway.
Those running board braces always rust. I did just see a set on a 90s supercab in the JY in decent shape, but the boards themselves were crunched to pieces.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Picked up a new to me '95 Bronco EB this week, and want to get a jump start on replacing some parts, especially those that are rusted out. Can you guys help this noob identify the following rusted out part under the body (and provide a link for replacement)? The metal tube runs along the inside of the side steps and is connected with several bolts and hangers. As you can see, it is need of replacement. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 195906

View attachment 195907
I had a pair that came off my 96 F250 that I gutted. The pair went with the wrecked body I sold. They were quite common on the XLT's pickups so you may find at a junk yard

·
Premium Member
150 Posts

View attachment 195906

View attachment 195907
Product Font Rectangle Parallel Luggage and bags

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Yo masa8888,
Welcome to our Big Bronco DIY Community!
Good that you filled in your 95s info!

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."

1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1995 Ford Bronco

1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
The eight Groups found in this manual are:
00 - Service Information
02 - Engine and Transmission Mounting
03 - Engine
05 - Driveline
07 - Transmission
08 - Clutch
09 - Exhaust System
10 - Fuel System
Each Section covers a component or system. The second set of numbers on each page
indicates the Section.
If the vehicle has more than one type of component, such as two types of engines or power
steering systems, alphabetical suffixes are used.
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver
The twelve Groups found in this manual are:
00 - Service Information
01 - Body
02 - Frame and Mounting (Body)
04 - Suspension
06 - Brake System
11 - Steering System
12 - Climate Control System
13 - Instrumentation and Warning Systems
14 - Battery and Charging System
15 - Audio Systems
17 - Lighting
18 - Electrical Distribution
Each Section covers a component or system. The second set of numbers on each page
indicates the section.
If the vehicle has more than one type of component, such as two types of engines or power
steering systems, alphabetical suffixes are used.

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom!

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 non-padded posts required to participate, due to scammers who preyed on our members).

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to:
Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts
Search The Site
What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery
How To Find Subscribed Thread and more tips

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?

Take time to participate in our Full-Size of the Month & later in the new year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Prizes are awarded to the winner!; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.
Al

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco, Black Eddie Bauer, 5.8
28 Posts
After spending months hunting for a set of brackets in good condition, I finally relented and pulled the trigger on the new ones from JBG. It's a bit crazy to pay $500 them, but since I don't have the ability to fab up a set, the law of supply and demand finally won.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, all! I may resort to the $500 pair down the road, if other options don't work out. It's an otherwise clean 2 owner truck with 50k miles, so might be worth the investment.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive side marker light

1 - 11 of 11 Posts