Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help !

Spyaxe.net has downloaded their spyware program onto my computer and "THEY" are the problem. I've run AVG and Spybot to try and get rid of it and I've uninstalled it a dozen times

What do I do ?

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jermil01 said:
Six, try this link, it may help you get rid of spyaxe.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic36868.html
Thanks Jermil

Worked for a while, but it's back ! Couldn't get my computer to start in safe mode ! So I tried it in regular mode, worked for 20 minutes but there's that annoying pop up again !

Guess I'll wait for my guru buddy to get off shift in the a.m. Hopefully this is only an annoyance.

Thansk for the help anyway

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

I've had it tonight. I'll call my buddy in the a.m. and we'll try some of these options you've given me (much obliged).

As much as I want this off the computer, it's really just an annoying thing, as opposed to dangerous to the system or my privacy, so I'm still gonna stay cheap and go with one of the free options you've given me.

Pretty sure what you gave me first will work, providing I can find a way to start her up in safe mode( F#@&in' Apox protection software !)

Tonight I'll just shut her down and unhook the high speed connection.

Can't thank you guys enough

Sixlitre

p.s./
Orderin' this;

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1095164&CatId=0

for my old Pappy tomorrow so he can get some of his own 600 LPs onto digital formats. So proud of a guy his age staying with the technology ! My Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS platinum is just a bit too much for him to take in, compared to this which is 4 mouse clicks.

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
Well, my solution will only cost you time.....and alot of it:

format c:

Then re-install everything.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unixdude said:

format c:

It might come to that, as I'm not happy with all the stuff I've installed and uninstalled since I bought the new motherboard, 3300 CPU and RAM last August.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
808 Posts
unixdude said:

format c:

I do this on a regular basis for all my friends and co-workers who come and tell me their PC is "broken"

wipe and start fresh and get Spybot S&D and some good antivirus right off the bat, and then KEEP THEM UPDATED.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Have you TRied CA's Spyware program. They have one of the Best antivirus programs (E-trust) for businesses at least in my experiance. Its called Pest Patrol and they have a free online scanner. I would also try a virus scan too as it may get rid of some of the "worm" adware. Etrust also has online free virus scans http://www.ca.com/

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I had 5 at one time, I tried all the freeware progs, several registry hax, a dozen safe mode edits, and was still left with 2 that wouldnt leave.

Then I got Norton, and all is good. Wish I had it to start with.

·
Registered
506 Posts
hey dude make sure that you have the system restore turned off if not you will never get rid of that. Just thought I would throw that into the mix

1 - 14 of 14 Posts