Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im swaping out the ignition switch from and 82 f150 to a 82 bronco. I assume this wont be an easy project due to theft protection. Anyone done this before and have any tips. No bronco is not stolen.

·
Registered
376 Posts
kansastj said:
Im swaping out the ignition switch from and 82 f150 to a 82 bronco. I assume this wont be an easy project due to theft protection. Anyone done this before and have any tips. No bronco is not stolen.

Are you talking about the key cylinder or the ignition switch (which is further down the column)?

·
Registered
548 Posts
What is so hard about that? They both use the same columns, dont they? Just stick somthing like a small screwdriver up in the hole on the bottom and turn the key until the screwdriver drops in. Then pull the whole thing free. I dont really see where a theft device would give you problems.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It's not quite that easy. There is a poke, at about the 1:00 position. Sometimes you can try and pry apart between the column and where the steering wheel connects...carefully...and you can see the poke which at that point you could take a large paper clip and push in (the ignition needs to be in the on position). Otherwise you need to pull the steering wheel off.

·
College User
2,026 Posts
It is one of the easiest swaps on the Bronco, just hold the pin with something, and then turn the key while pulling outward. It should come really easy. Put the new one in and there ya go all done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts